Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #46
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I need to check that when I am back. There might be a mistake in the document with the rules. I haven't seen this error yet.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #47
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

By the way, I won't be back for a week and a half.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #48
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I need to check that when I am back. There might be a mistake in the document with the rules. I haven't seen this error yet.
Hi:

me, neither, and I've been testing this for longer than it's been up here, serving as Toxaris' beta-tester before he put the first post here. No offense, but are you sure it's in the right directory? The replacerules doc?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #49
kbaerwald
BioReader
kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Various
@Toxaris: that is fine thank you.

@Hitch: did you test it with Word 2013? It might have something to do with Word security. Otherwise: there is nothing you can do wrong with loading the file through the <Settings> button.

I did a test loading the file freshly from my download directory into Word 2013. There is an error loading the file into Word (German):

- Error opening the file in Word
- Please check file authorization (Dateiberechtigung) for document or directory

I frequently load files from this download directory and also checked the specific authorization of "replacerules.doc" and loaded it from another directory. All the same.

Bottom line - I do not know why Word refuses to load the file. Other Word processors (i.e. Atlantis Word Processor) do load it without problems.

Klaus
kbaerwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:15 AM   #50
Toxaris
Wizard

I also use 2013, but haven't tested it on a downloaded file. Will do though.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #51
kbaerwald
BioReader
kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Tried it on a second machine (Win 8, Word 2013 - my laptop) - same problems. Have to kill Word with task manager.

Klaus
Old 08-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #52
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbaerwald View Post
@Toxaris: that is fine thank you.

@Hitch: did you test it with Word 2013? It might have something to do with Word security. Otherwise: there is nothing you can do wrong with loading the file through the <Settings> button.

Klaus
Hi, Klaus:

No, used it with everything from Word 2007 and 2010, as it needs the ribbon to work, and at that point, you've exhausted my technical knowledge, from the programmatic standpoint. All my testing has been at the end-user (well, sorta end-user) stage, working on OCR'ed and regular Word manuscripts. I've run into a few small glitches, but thus far, nothing like what you've had. Sorry I cannot be more useful.

Hitch
Old 09-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #53
Toxaris
Wizard

Version 1.3.8 has been released. A changelog will released soon. The manual will be updated soon and an online version will be available.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:23 AM   #54
kbaerwald
BioReader

Hello

"Now: after loading a 200 page test file into Word and starting the S&R function the screen switches to the draft mode and ... nothing. Word 2013 hangs. Clicking away the main window I can see the message that the opening of "replacerules.doc" has led to a severe problem (it was protected) and Word has inactivated it."

I just wanted to report that my problem with crashing Word by search&replace has gone with the new revision of your plug-in. Thank you!

Klaus
Old 09-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #55
Toxaris
Wizard

Happy to hear it!
Old 10-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #56
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Happy to hear it!
Hey, Toxaris:

I thought of PM'ing you about this, but can you clarify what "toggle Automatic Quotes" does? Thx.

Hitch
Old 10-17-2013, 02:11 AM   #57
Toxaris
Wizard

Sure. Word has a feature to transform straight quotes to curly quotes while typing. This options turns that feature on or off. In some cases that is useful, since it also influences how Word sees quotes. If the feature is on, it does not matter if you enter straight or curly quotes in your search/replace actions. If the feature is off, it sees straight quotes as different characters as compared to curly quotes.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #58
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Sure. Word has a feature to transform straight quotes to curly quotes while typing. This options turns that feature on or off. In some cases that is useful, since it also influences how Word sees quotes. If the feature is on, it does not matter if you enter straight or curly quotes in your search/replace actions. If the feature is off, it sees straight quotes as different characters as compared to curly quotes.
The use of smart quotes during a search and replace in word is an excellent feature to add curly quotes to an existing document. Just enter a " as the search and also as the replacement. It is pretty smart about getting them right. It also works on ' I believe. Of course a review of the document may uncover a few areas that still need fixing.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #59
Toxaris
Wizard

For sure things needs fixing if you let Word replace the quotes automatically.
If you use wildcards in Word searches, the Word variant of RegEx, then you need to switch the automatic replacement off for certain cases. For example in my dialogues procedure to check all dialogues, this is needed. In the procedures of the add-in this is handled automatically of course.
The toggle is only needed when manual actions are being executed. Most people would not need it, that is why it is in the additional section.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:22 AM   #60
Toxaris
Wizard

New version is available. A various mix of fixes and new things. Main new things:
- completely new HTML conversion - up to 80% faster
- Option to edit Search and Replace commands and rulesets
- Tables with column- and rowspan are supported