Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

View Poll Results: What features would you like to see in iSilo and/or iSiloX?
Grouping support of channels (with headers, different colors, maybe collapsable...) 18 30.00%
Screen inversion (white on black) support 12 20.00%
Smaller image zoom to fit pda screen support 11 18.33%
Wireless support for web channel updates 12 20.00%
Wap/I-mode/Wireless Section 3 5.00%
Multithreaded downloading support (to increase performance) 15 25.00%
Remote .ixl support (for instance with a php-based web interface) 8 13.33%
Synchronisation at HotSync 15 25.00%
Content Extraction (define only certain parts of a HTML page) via RegEx 24 40.00%
Movie (e.g avi) support 4 6.67%
Image Zoom/Shrink 13 21.67%
Integrated PDF to HTML convertor 37 61.67%
Wap/WML to HTML parser 8 13.33%
Skin support 10 16.67%
Landscape-mode (screen rotated by 90 degrees), especially useful for Hi-Res+ displays 27 45.00%
Backup-bit support to specify whether generated clips should be hotsynced or not 8 13.33%
New/Unread file indicator and/or file generation date column 18 30.00%
Double-tap support to automatically select and copy a word (useful for dictionary usage) 25 41.67%
Favicons support for display of channels in iSiloX 6 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2005, 10:31 AM   #31
shanalf
shanalf began at the beginning.

Device: Lifedrive
I'd like the abiltity to use an external css. Being able to use my own css constructed to display documents how I like them on the isilo would be nice.

Shana
Old 09-06-2005, 07:07 PM   #32
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
That would be nice. I'd still _really_ like to see an alternative method of storing and displaying images - the option of having thumbnails for images larger than the screen size that take you to the full image that can be scrolled around when you tap it would have me using iSilo a lot more than I do now (one of my favourite plucker features, actually).

Craig.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:39 PM   #33
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Did you check html40.css in iSiloX/CSS ? Not sure how usable it is for you.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:05 AM   #34
shanalf
shanalf began at the beginning.

Device: Lifedrive
Well, I'm thinking more on having an external css that will override the documents css, and not just isilo's default options. There are things like paragraph indents I would love to get rid of. Now I have to edit each document before adding it to isilo, and it's tedious because regardless of what isilox's html40.css is set to, isilox uses the documents css.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:39 AM   #35
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

Device: SHARP Zaurus C1000
How about an incremental build feature?

I have a set of HTML files that I build into an iSilo pdb file. Uncompressed, its 40+mb, while in iSilo PDB format, its 13mb.

The thing is that every once a week or so, a few files are added and links in several files changed. If incremental build can be done, it would make building the pdb file much faster.

I'm thinking very much as a programmer, where several source files (eg .c/.cpp files) are compiled to .obj and linked into an .exe file. With incremental build, only the files that changed are compiled, while the ones unchanged are linked directly from the .obj files.