Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #16
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Jilly, if that's an SD card, put it into the reader, plug the reader into your computer, then Calibre will see it via your reader. You can then transfer books to the card. (I hope!)
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #17
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Ansileran, I think I'm wrong about Sony not updating the firmware for the 505. I've read recently that some prs 500 owners are managing to get their Sony's upgraded, so it may be worth giving Sony a ring.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #18
khin99
MHK99
khin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: prs 505, nook color, Kindle Fire, Nexus 7
My problem is a bit weard. I have not used my PRS 505 for some time. I need it for my wife to read some foreign fonts. I got the details in Word, converted to epub and loaded on 505. It is not wraping the text and the words keep going off to the right. I tried many tricks but can not get it right. I tried this from one of the posts from Colaveare's post #3 from http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46501. It did not work.

I check the epubs in ADE and Calibre and they are wrapping alright. I then tried them on my Nook color. It word wraps. So what is wrong? Can some one help me.
khin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #19
Jillypoos
Jillypoos began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Hi BookCat... thankyou for the reply. I have tried that and Calibre doesnt see the card... although I have an identical card that it does see and I can load books
onto that. So I was just wondering if I needed to do something to the new one for it to work.....?
Jillypoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #20
mgmueller
Wizard
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansileran View Post
I have never upgraded the firmware... Maybe I should start there...
It's been a few years, maybe 2009.
But if I remember correctly, the Sony 505 did have an update to support ePUB back then.
This (if I remember correctly, the only update the 505 ever had) you definitely should install.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #21
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillypoos View Post
Hi BookCat... thankyou for the reply. I have tried that and Calibre doesnt see the card... although I have an identical card that it does see and I can load books
onto that. So I was just wondering if I needed to do something to the new one for it to work.....?
The wiki here at MR has some info on formatting SD cards for the PRS-505 (look in the Connectors section): http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRS505. Maybe your current format isn't supported (e.g. if it's NTFS).
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #22
Ansileran
Zealot
Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Aura HD, Cybook Odyssey HD
I think I have the last firmware as I can read epubs on my PRS. Well, as long as I don't try reading Chinese epubs without a custom font ^^

@Jillypoos: I don't think the PRS recognises anything but Fat32. Maybe that's the problem. Or maybe it's too "big"? I have had a 16Go sdhc recognized. 32Go should be fine too, but not more (sdxc)...
Also, have you tried using your card through some other device? Maybe there is something wrong with the card itself...
Ansileran is offline   Reply With Quote