Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #181
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.
 
babyd's Avatar
 
Posts: 384
Karma: 1567
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
I have to say a massive thank you for this plugin. I got my new aura last week and am totally loving this plugin. Makes life so much easier to keep track of everything and back it all up in case of emergency. I'm using it with my epubs converted using the kobo extended plugin to kepubs sideloaded onto an SD card and it all works great for me. Thank you so much, karma coming your way !

Last edited by babyd; 07-12-2013 at 12:16 PM.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #182
rethec
Member
rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 10
Karma: 478472
Join Date: Jul 2013
Device: Kobo Glo
I use this plugin mainly to add the Reading Status to my library. But it doesn't work so good at the moment. I followed the instruction from PeterT and added the column #readstatus. But I don't get all states from my kobo. A lot of books are listed as #read, but after I used the "Store Bookmark" option, I don't get the finished status in my library. But after I open the book on my kobo again and use the option to mark the book as read, I got the finished status in my library. Does anyone know why I can't get the status without to remark the book as read?

Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
This custom column seems to work for adding a book to either a Reading or Finished shelf based on the pct read.

Code:
Lookup name:    readstatus
Column Heading: Reading Status
Column Type:    Column built from other columns
Template:       {#koboreadpct:'cmp($, 100, cmp($, 0, '', '', 'Reading'), 'Finished', '')'}
with of course the corresponding change to add #readstatus to the list of fields used for shelving in either the Kobo or ExtendedKobo drivers. (I tend to update them both even though the Extended driver is normally disabled on my system).

In effect this is saying if the Pct Read is 100, the book is Finished, else if it's greater than 0, then the status is Reading.
rethec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #183
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 5,658
Karma: 5651630
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rethec View Post
I use this plugin mainly to add the Reading Status to my library. But it doesn't work so good at the moment. I followed the instruction from PeterT and added the column #readstatus. But I don't get all states from my kobo. A lot of books are listed as #read, but after I used the "Store Bookmark" option, I don't get the finished status in my library. But after I open the book on my kobo again and use the option to mark the book as read, I got the finished status in my library. Does anyone know why I can't get the status without to remark the book as read?
You have to mark the book as finished/read in one place and then copy the state to the other place. Personally, I read a book on the device and when I connect to calibre do a store to copy the state to the calibre library. When I finish the book on the device, it gets marked there as finished. The next connect, I store that state in the calibre library.

Looking at the template, it is reading the column #koboreadpct to determine if the book is read or not. Is this the column you are populating with the percent read when you store the reading status? And does it get updated correctly?
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #184
rethec
Member
rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 10
Karma: 478472
Join Date: Jul 2013
Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You have to mark the book as finished/read in one place and then copy the state to the other place. Personally, I read a book on the device and when I connect to calibre do a store to copy the state to the calibre library. When I finish the book on the device, it gets marked there as finished. The next connect, I store that state in the calibre library.

Looking at the template, it is reading the column #koboreadpct to determine if the book is read or not. Is this the column you are populating with the percent read when you store the reading status? And does it get updated correctly?
I do the same. I read a book on the device and there it gets marked as finished. Then I connected my Glo to calibre and not every book, which was marked as finished gets stored as finished in my library. I don't know why. But I testet that, when I use the "Mark as read"-Button in the overview on my device, I can't store the state in my library. But if I use the "Mark as read"-Button in the book, it works. Another question is, where does kobo save the information reading percent? I looked in the sqlite database, but at first sight I couldn't find it.

Thanks
rethec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:41 PM   #185
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 5,658
Karma: 5651630
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rethec View Post
I do the same. I read a book on the device and there it gets marked as finished. Then I connected my Glo to calibre and not every book, which was marked as finished gets stored as finished in my library. I don't know why. But I testet that, when I use the "Mark as read"-Button in the overview on my device, I can't store the state in my library. But if I use the "Mark as read"-Button in the book, it works.
That is pretty strange. The three methods of finishing a book (last page and tap next page, mark as finished in book, mark as finished in library list) do the same thing in the database, or at least in the parts the plugin is reading. I can think of two things to look at:

- In the device list, do these books have "Read" as one of the collections? The driver is reading this information and calculating the collections. If it has "Read", then there is something happening in the plugin.

- Could you run calibre in debug mode and post the log? Or PM me directly. This is done by ight clicking the preferences button and selecting "Restart in debug mode". Calibre will close and reopen with a message about the debug mode. Try a store for the books you are having trouble with. Then close calibre. It will open the debug log. I need to see the contents of that.
Quote:
Another question is, where does kobo save the information reading percent? I looked in the sqlite database, but at first sight I couldn't find it.
The table with this is the content table. The column is "___PercentRead". The query the plugin uses is:

Code:
SELECT c1.ContentID, c1.ChapterIDBookmarked, c2.adobe_location, 
 c1.ReadStatus, 
 c1.___PercentRead, 
 c1.Attribution, 
 c1.DateLastRead, 
 c1.Title, 
 c1.MimeType,
 r.rating
FROM content c1 LEFT OUTER JOIN content c2 ON c1.ChapterIDBookmarked = c2.ContentID LEFT OUTER JOIN ratings r ON c1.ContentID = r.ContentID
WHERE c1.ContentType = 6
Except with a different WHERE clause. The above will show all non-kepubs that have been opened or finished.

Note: I originally posted an old version of the SQL code above. I fixed that, but then I found an error. The above is the final version.

Last edited by davidfor; 07-18-2013 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Wrong version of SQL code.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #186
rethec
Member
rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 10
Karma: 478472
Join Date: Jul 2013
Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
- In the device list, do these books have "Read" as one of the collections? The driver is reading this information and calculating the collections. If it has "Read", then there is something happening in the plugin.
I looked and at the moment I have 26 books in my device list which have "Read" as one of the collections. I started the plugin and it marked 18 books as "finished".

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
- Could you run calibre in debug mode and post the log? Or PM me directly. This is done by ight clicking the preferences button and selecting "Restart in debug mode". Calibre will close and reopen with a message about the debug mode. Try a store for the books you are having trouble with. Then close calibre. It will open the debug log. I need to see the contents of that.
I write you an PM with the log.

Thanks for the info about the DB, I will rummage through it and maybe I could ask you if I find somthing that looks strange to me
rethec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #187
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 5,658
Karma: 5651630
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rethec View Post
I looked and at the moment I have 26 books in my device list which have "Read" as one of the collections. I started the plugin and it marked 18 books as "finished".

I write you an PM with the log.

Thanks for the info about the DB, I will rummage through it and maybe I could ask you if I find somthing that looks strange to me
Looking at the log, I can't see anything unusual or unexpected.

Your made a comment in the PM about seeing books with 99% in the device database. The device doesn't always set the this to 100 when a book is finished. 99% probably means you actually finished the book. If you select it in the library list and mark it as finished, the ReadStatus will be set to 2, but the percent read won't be changed. The store code handles this. If the book is unread (ReadStatus=0), it stores null as the percent read. If it is finished (ReadStatus=2), it always stores 100. For books being read (ReadStatus=1), the percent read is copied from the database.

For the 26 books that are "Read" in the device list, are they all in the calibre library? Looking at the log, there are 21 books that are on the device in the library. 1 is unread. 8 are being read with different percentage read starting with zero. The other 12 are finished. I don't see anything that would get to 18 books set to finished. Are you looking a the percent read column or another column that uses this value?
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:40 AM   #188
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 4,596
Karma: 25170848
Join Date: Apr 2010
Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I ma running the plugin on 1000 books which seems to take quite a while.

Not complaining mind you, but was wondering if there was a way to implement a checkbox that would just update the books that have the imreading or read flags set? Or the ability to run it from the device view where you could select the books with this info in the collection column.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:11 AM   #189
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 5,658
Karma: 5651630
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Helen,

Are you using one of the beta builds I posted? I added a background option for the store and changed something (that was really stupid) in the SQL that improved the speed a lot.

I'll look at the other options. I can't remember if from the device list is impossible, or that I was just lazy working out how to do it.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:20 AM   #190
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 4,596
Karma: 25170848
Join Date: Apr 2010
Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Helen,

Are you using one of the beta builds I posted? I added a background option for the store and changed something (that was really stupid) in the SQL that improved the speed a lot.

I'll look at the other options. I can't remember if from the device list is impossible, or that I was just lazy working out how to do it.
No I don't think so. I will give one a try.

I just assumed that it has been a while and that the beta would have made it into the mainstream. Generally I update my plugins on Fridays

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:33 AM   #191
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 5,658
Karma: 5651630
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
No I don't think so. I will give one a try.

I just assumed that it has been a while and that the beta would have made it into the mainstream. Generally I update my plugins on Fridays

Helen
No, I have been lazy about this. I'll do the update now.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:40 AM   #192
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 4,596
Karma: 25170848
Join Date: Apr 2010
Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I downloaded a beta and it is a zillion times faster. Disregard what I said before.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:44 AM   #193
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 5,658
Karma: 5651630
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Version 1.2.0

I have just uploaded Version 1.2.0. This has the following changes:
  • New: Change store to have option of background job.
  • New: Check covers directory for extra image files
  • New: Added compress device database
  • Fix: Had "Gil Sans" instead of "Gill Sans"

The last change is the only function difference from the last beta.

The update will appear through calibre soon.

As always, tell me about any problems or suggestions you have.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:56 AM   #194
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 5,658
Karma: 5651630
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I downloaded a beta and it is a zillion times faster. Disregard what I said before.
Good. I was a little surprised at the comment as I thought the performance was that much better.

I will still have a look at starting the store from the device list. From there you can easily select all the books in the "Read" or "Im_Reading" collections to do the store. I think that would be a useful thing to be able to do.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #195
rethec
Member
rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 10
Karma: 478472
Join Date: Jul 2013
Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Looking at the log, I can't see anything unusual or unexpected.

Your made a comment in the PM about seeing books with 99% in the device database. The device doesn't always set the this to 100 when a book is finished. 99% probably means you actually finished the book. If you select it in the library list and mark it as finished, the ReadStatus will be set to 2, but the percent read won't be changed. The store code handles this. If the book is unread (ReadStatus=0), it stores null as the percent read. If it is finished (ReadStatus=2), it always stores 100. For books being read (ReadStatus=1), the percent read is copied from the database.

For the 26 books that are "Read" in the device list, are they all in the calibre library? Looking at the log, there are 21 books that are on the device in the library. 1 is unread. 8 are being read with different percentage read starting with zero. The other 12 are finished. I don't see anything that would get to 18 books set to finished. Are you looking a the percent read column or another column that uses this value?
If I look with calibre at the stored books on my device I see 26 books which are marked as "Read" and which are in my library. I have for example all seven Harry Potter books on it, all market as "Read". But just the one, which has the value 99 in the column "___PercentRead", gets the status "finished" through the plugin. I looked through the database and it seems that just the books with the value 0 in the column "___PercentRead" don't get the status "finished" through the plugin.
rethec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
kobo

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[GUI Plugin] KindleUnpack - The Plugin DiapDealer Plugins 263 10-14-2014 01:08 PM
[GUI Plugin] EpubSplit JimmXinu Plugins 149 10-06-2014 10:34 AM
[GUI Plugin] Hyphenate This! SauliusP. Plugins 191 08-28-2014 05:48 PM
[GUI Plugin] Wordpress frescogamba Plugins 8 05-20-2014 12:22 PM
[GUI Plugin] Plugin Updater **Deprecated** kiwidude Plugins 159 06-19-2011 12:27 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.