Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #1
dune
dune began at the beginning.

Device: none
Best settings for converting epub to pdf for mac

I have a few epub books I would like to convert to pdf to read on adobe reader, but every conversion i've done has issues. the text on the pdf is either too big, the margins never change and the images in the book overlap to the next page, covering text. I've tried setting the output profile page setup to default and ipad, changed the margins, tried different paper sizes such as a4, letter, a6 and customs sizes such as 9 x 12 or 3 x 4, added some extra css details and converted the epub to htmlz [which didn't open to well with libre office, unfortunately i don't have word].
are there settings that would produce a good pdf book for adobe reader?
dune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conv...verting-to-pdf
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #3
dune

thanks. is there a way to deal with the images overlapping text on the next page?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hard to say without looking at the file in question, but generally speaking use something like

img { display:block; float:none }

in extra css in the conversion settings. Whether that will work will depend on why the text is overlapping in the first place.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
dune

i apologize for the late reply, thanks for the advice, i'll try it on the file