Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #1231
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My latest review is for an awesome action/thriller set in the seedy underbelly of Bangkok. Head off the tourist trail and see the real Thailand with Bangkok Wet.

Review: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...y-simon-royle/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #1232
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Galaxy SIII; Xoom; Kindle Fire
I updated an older post "The Milky Way Galaxy" with few edits in preparation for my upcoming publication.

http://kennyachaffin.blogspot.com/20...ay-galaxy.html
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #1233
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Hey Caleb!

Who published that book?

Reason I ask is that I just read and reviewed (will be up next Monday) a book that takes place in Singapore, and they are a new publisher. Just thought it was funny that around the same time we are reviewing books that take place around the same area. (kind of)
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #1234
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kennyc: Really cool post! Tried to comment on your blog but it wouldn't let me.

I never really thought about math being the culprit in getting the image of the Milky Way.

It makes sense, especially when 99% of the space photos are layered to add color, as no color exists in space.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #1235
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Kennyc: Really cool post! Tried to comment on your blog but it wouldn't let me.

I never really thought about math being the culprit in getting the image of the Milky Way.

It makes sense, especially when 99% of the space photos are layered to add color, as no color exists in space.
Really. Not sure why it wouldn't let you. It should be open for comments.....I'll recheck though.

Thanks for taking a look.

P.S. I took a look, it does require 'openID' - that's the most open before allowing anonymous postings which I don't want to allow. Either that or you have to 'join' the blog and can then post.

Last edited by kennyc; 07-07-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #1236
jhempel24
Wizard

They are....wordpress is just being a turd at the moment.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:56 AM   #1237
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Hey Caleb!

Who published that book?

Reason I ask is that I just read and reviewed (will be up next Monday) a book that takes place in Singapore, and they are a new publisher. Just thought it was funny that around the same time we are reviewing books that take place around the same area. (kind of)
It's a self-pub and was released in January of this year. He publishes under I & I Press, but I think this might be a branding thing.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #1238
kennyc

New Flash Fiction on my Mansions of the Mind blog

"Mess Duty" - http://mansionsofthemind.blogspot.co...mess-duty.html
Old 07-09-2013, 12:17 AM   #1239
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Liked the story, Kenny. I always like the way you set up contrasts to create an impact. This one is entirely unsubtle way before the end, but in flash fiction there's not a lot of space for subtlety.

There were a couple of corrections I thought:

Quote:
Hell this is nineteen fuckin’ sixty-nine you’d think they’d freeze dry all this shit.
I thought you might want punctuation between the two clauses.

Quote:
I couldn’t’ tell
The extra apostrophe?

I don't have any issue with the simplistic language as it fits the narrator perfectly. I could do with a couple less swear words as it might have gone a little overboard, but again, it fits.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:08 AM   #1240
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
It's a self-pub and was released in January of this year. He publishes under I & I Press, but I think this might be a branding thing.
Ohhh okay got ya.

Here's a review for a thriller that grabs you by the neck and just won't let go until you're blue in the face and gasping for air!

Little Girl Gone by Tucker Mayer:

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/littl...-tucker-mayer/
Old 07-09-2013, 05:33 AM   #1241
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Liked the story, Kenny. I always like the way you set up contrasts to create an impact. This one is entirely unsubtle way before the end, but in flash fiction there's not a lot of space for subtlety.

There were a couple of corrections I thought:

I thought you might want punctuation between the two clauses.

The extra apostrophe?

I don't have any issue with the simplistic language as it fits the narrator perfectly. I could do with a couple less swear words as it might have gone a little overboard, but again, it fits.

Thanks Caleb!
Old 07-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #1242
jhempel24
Wizard

Okay....I really just kind of ripped this apart...I feel a little bad. Maybe not as bad as having to sit through this though

Bitches be crazy!! And really, so is this book. Our review of Platinum Blackmail by Jay Atleson

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/plati...l-jay-atleson/
Old 07-10-2013, 02:21 AM   #1243
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Oh dear. I don't think I'll be reading that one. The character of Mark Sterling was enough to really turn me off without even considering the rest.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #1244
jhempel24
Wizard

Yeah....probably a very VERY good idea.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #1245
jhempel24
Wizard

Don't let the fact that this is a first time author derail you from this top notch thriller! We check out Tomorrow City by Kirk Kjeldsen!

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/tomor...kirk-kjeldsen/

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, bible, blog, book club, book reviewers, book tour, bookscanner, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, crime, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub fire, epub kindle fire, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, no drm, parsina press, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reading list, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing