Notices

Old 07-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
perler
Enthusiast
perler began at the beginning.

Device: perler
search books with a certain text alignment

hi,

I have some older epubs with no or left text alignment which I would like to bulk convert to justified alignment. is there a way to find all books which are not text aligned "justified"?

PAT
perler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
The Quality Check plugin has an option to check for epub without a CSS file containing text-align:justify.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by perler View Post
hi,

I have some older epubs with no or left text alignment which I would like to bulk convert to justified alignment. is there a way to find all books which are not text aligned "justified"?

PAT
At first I would say use the Quality Check PI
BUT

There are logical issues

Usually the CSS sets the alignment. But it can be done a million different ways that all render what you want.

Then there is the other half... The document.
What is the CSS style(s) that affects the main body of text, but not Headings, footnotes...

I adjust many of my books to fit my preferences (and my device limits). Most take less than 5 minutes to accomplish with Sigil.

I look at the Chapter (placing the cursor of a paragraph that needs a tweak) , switch to Codeview. Place the cursor on the 'Style' and right click Goto Link or Style. Review and adjust, being careful that what I did does not also affect Headers and other parts because of the way they were coded (I sometimes recode headers to get around this code)

I have pre-made clips of CSS code ready to paste and saved searches to speed up many of these tweaks.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
perler
Enthusiast
perler began at the beginning.

Device: perler
a quick test on some of the books showed the plugin to work perfectly
perler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by perler View Post
a quick test on some of the books showed the plugin to work perfectly
You win sometimes
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote