Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-27-2013, 03:33 AM   #1
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Anti glare screen recommendations?

Hi

The HD+`s screen is great however too much reflections for my eyes. Does anyone recommend antiglare screens? Any product to go for?

I naturally do not want to loose any visual sharpness while using this thing.

thanks
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:52 AM   #2
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo H20/Glo, Nook Glow, Kindle Fire HD6
As far as I am aware all anti glare screen protectors cause some pixelation.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:29 AM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Nook Tablet
I bought the screen that B&N sells. I use it on both the HD+ and on my original Nook Tablet (before the HD models). It works so-so. It is better than not having it (and it does protect the screen) but there is still glare and it is still impossible to read in sunlight. I like using the protector and wouldn't go without it, but it isn't the panacea for glare that one would hope for. As for losing visual sharpness, there is going to be some loss with any screen you use. There has to be in order for the protector to reduce glare.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #4
jpisini
jpisini began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
I am using the B&N one as well. As long as the sun is not at a position that reflects in my eyes I can read in full sun with brightness all the way up. If the sun is directly overhead reflecting in your eyes then even an e-ink is not really readable. I don't really notice any pixelation but it does dull it a little. Still a very nice looking screen but without the protector is definitely brighter. One real plus is the protector cuts way down on fingerprints.
jpisini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo H20/Glo, Nook Glow, Kindle Fire HD6
I bought the B&N anti glare screen but I threw it away, I couldn't handle the lack of clarity. I do have a screen protector but to protect the screen not cut down the glare, I have the mediadevil crystal clear Kindle HD protector, I cut it down to fit the HD
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote