Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Alyssa Miranda
Enthusiast
Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle and Nook
Hello from New Jersey

I joined yesterday after finding a fix for a problem I was googling, and just wanted to say hello by way of telling everybody how outstandingly informative and civil I found the site to be.

Alyssa
Alyssa Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
Welcome to MobileRead.

Civility.....well, we try.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Alyssa and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #6
Alyssa Miranda
Enthusiast
Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alyssa Miranda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the welcomes

My thanks for all of the welcomes! For what they're worth, I've begun posting to make my bones (that, of course, is how we put it here in New Jersey).
Old 06-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
BTW, what exit?
MickeyC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #8
Alyssa Miranda
Enthusiast

Off the turnpike

Actually I'm about as far as you can get from the turnpike in New Jersey - in Sussex County in the extreme northwest corner of the state where local lore has it that at one time horses outnumbered the people (even now you will see an occasional cowboy boot up here). For more beyond the stereotypes people have of the state you might take a listen to "I Like Jersey Best," several versions of which are available on YouTube.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:38 AM   #9
cromag
Surfing the alpha waves ~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Jetbook Mini, Netbook, and two Androids
And now the bears are about to outnumber the horses!

Hi, neighbor!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #10
Alyssa Miranda
Enthusiast

Hi to you as well, cromag!

You cite another phenomenon outsiders would probably never associate with the state - that, at least where we are, we are overrun by bears. Last year we had perhaps a two or three hundred pounder out in the driveway foraging for garbage, but haven't seen any so far this year.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
Alyssa Miranda
Enthusiast

I've made my bones,

and am now taking a break. 30 posts since joining on June 19th, boosting my karma from 10 to nearly 300K, seemed like a nice round number to stop at. I want to resume work on a "novel," more of a fictionalized memoir, that while it may never see the light of day, I would at least like to finish. This is a great site, and I'd like once again to thank all those who have provided helpful responses to my posts, including, belatedly, AnemicOak, who provided a fix for a problem with e-book covers I was having with the Kindle. I'm sure I'll be back at some point, but I can't say when.