Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #16
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Fire HDX,Nook Samsung Tab4, Onyx T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
My advice to you, when you receive your PW, would be "don't look for problems". If you go into a dark room, turn the PW's light up to its maximum brightness, and look for screen discolourations, you're going to find them. Judge it in the circumstances in which you actually use it, not at extremes.

Hope you enjoy your PW.
Excellent point. I ordered a PW and received one that to my eyes was excellent and I use it daily.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #17
barryem
Connoisseur
barryem seizes *every* day. In the original latin.barryem seizes *every* day. In the original latin.barryem seizes *every* day. In the original latin.barryem seizes *every* day. In the original latin.barryem seizes *every* day. In the original latin.barryem seizes *every* day. In the original latin.barryem seizes *every* day. In the original latin.barryem seizes *every* day. In the original latin.barryem seizes *every* day. In the original latin.barryem seizes *every* day. In the original latin.barryem seizes *every* day. In the original latin.

Device: Paperwhite 2
I have two Paperwhites and both are perfect. I read in normal room light with the Kindle's light only as bright as it needs to be, usually under 10.

I've always suspected that most of the problems with blotches, etc, are caused by having the light too bright. I can't be sure of that but a lot of the descriptions of problems that I read about do seem to indicate that.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:37 AM   #18
bokolobs
Enthusiast
bokolobs began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do you use your PW at maximum brightness in darkness?
No. Just to see the blotches.
bokolobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:42 AM   #19
bokolobs
Enthusiast
bokolobs began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by david8866 View Post
You are making him nervous. Bad, bad, bad.
Why would I be nervous?
bokolobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #20
Yolina
Guru
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW2 wifi, Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I've always suspected that most of the problems with blotches, etc, are caused by having the light too bright. I can't be sure of that but a lot of the descriptions of problems that I read about do seem to indicate that.

Barry
On my first PW, I could clearly see pink & green blotches in bright daylight with the light at 11... I wouldn't quite call that having the light too bright (what I'd describe as the "usable" range of the light on that PW was between 6 and 9 and pretty much unusable in anything other than good ambient lighting...Not really acceptable) The replacement does not have that problem and also has a much clearer, brighter screen overall

So there definitely are some duds out there that should have never left the factory. It's a bit disappointing to see from the OP that they still haven't really tightened QC as it seems that duds are still being shipped out - buying a PW shouldn't be a lottery.

Last edited by Yolina; 06-09-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote