|05-10-2013, 05:39 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2012
Device: Currently owned: Nook HD+, pyrus mini. Previously owned: Sony prs-t2.
Notebook for PRS-T2
H,i I recently made this pdf file (in attachment) to use PRS-T2 as a notebook, and I find this to be interesting so I want to share it with your guyz here.
To do that, simply read the file as a normal pdf book in your reader, and on each note page, invoke hand writing to hand write notes.
Some features of this note book I want to clearify:
1. On each note page, there is a vertical line (barely visible) that divdes the page into 1/3 left and 2/3 right. The reason I set this up is because I find when I try to hand write on it, with reader and my hand both place on the desk, it is alot more comfortable to write just the right 2/3 of the page because, if you want to write on the left 1/3, then you might try to lift you right hand up a little bit so you hand dont contact with the touch screen while you are writing with your pen. So I set this vertical line to guide the writer who wants more comfortable writing with the sacrifice of using only 2/3 area of the page(However you can still use the left 1/3 as side note area). However, if you do want to take advantage of the full page, just simply ignore that vertical line, since it is barely noticable.
2. I have set up a table of content for this note book, so you can easily jump to every 128 pages. This is used as "dividers" as in real binders.
3. There are total of 768 note pages + 1 cover page, with size of about 16mb. I use these amount of pages based on my past experience that sony PRS-T2 can handle pdf book with 1000 pages or less, without significant slowing experience in page turns. I found pdf books above 1k pages, there is a visible experience that the page turn is being slowed.
4. I set the size of each page to fit the PRS-T2 screen in pdf reading mode. It should work also on other models, in fact any model that reads pdf and allows you to take hand write notes. But it might not take full advantage of the entire screen on other screens/models.
5. A quick hint, in case you want more note book for different subjects, simply replicate the pdf file and name it differently, eventhough I think you can figure this out very easily.
|05-10-2013, 05:53 PM||#2|
Join Date: Mar 2009
Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
That's cool. I'm going to try this with my T1 which, in theory, should work just as well.
|05-11-2013, 03:48 PM||#3|
Join Date: Aug 2012
|05-27-2013, 06:51 PM||#4|
Join Date: Nov 2012
same with ebmr here, why not use epub instead? It's much smaller and faster too.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Notebook replacement||shokkueibu||Which one should I buy?||5||05-11-2010 06:33 PM|
|My notebook just died :(||Alexander Turcic||Lounge||15||07-07-2009 05:45 AM|
|How do I calibrate my notebook screen?||Alexander Turcic||Lounge||5||08-07-2007 08:53 AM|