Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Writers can review books on Amazon again

From this month's newsletter:

Q. Are authors allowed to review another author's book?

A. Yes. We very much welcome Customer Reviews from authors. However, if the author reviewing the book has a personal relationship with the author of the book they are reviewing, or was involved in the book's creation process (i.e. as a co-author, editor, illustrator, etc.), that author is not eligible to write a Customer Review for that book.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
That makes sense: Keep out any incestuous relationship.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #3
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: Kindle3-3G, Archos 43
O.K.

I do feel that disclosure is enough.
ex. "I am Sophie Hemming and I wrote "Clarion of the Mountains" and this is why "Whiskey Ghosts of K2" by my husband Ernest Hemming is great"
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I agree with the above statement. Disclosure is the key.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7
I occasionally do reviews for a publisher, and I am required to disclose "Yo, big money dude gave me this book for free, but I still think it stinks" or whatever. Everyone should really do the same, IMO.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:43 AM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
It sounds like a fair compromise. There is a difference between helping to write a book and having bought a copy and liked it.
crich70 is online now   Reply With Quote