Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
You can often insert a & shy; (remove the space after the &) which is called a soft hyphen. This will insert a break if needed based on the right margin.

Dale
Actually, you can't in most cases. While it will break there as needed, it won't (in most cases) show the hyphen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:20 AM   #17
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, PRS-T1
Or display a question mark on older readers.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:43 AM   #18
Frenchdummy
Frenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo glo, iMac, iphone, ipad
Cool Hyphenates dictionnary ?

I will investigate. First, I wonder if the Reading app is or not the master about where to do hyphenate, and then if manually injecting code to do hyphen is useful. Maybe there will be answers on to T.A(z) the famous French site. I'm a perfectionist. Probably M S Word will do the job. I have to try it once again, then compare the HTML code.
You probably know that, Toxaris. See you soon.
Frenchdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:58 AM   #19
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2, iPad, KindleFire and NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchdummy View Post
I will investigate. First, I wonder if the Reading app is or not the master about where to do hyphenate, and then if manually injecting code to do hyphen is useful. Maybe there will be answers on to T.A(z) the famous French site. I'm a perfectionist. Probably M S Word will do the job. I have to try it once again, then compare the HTML code.
You probably know that, Toxaris. See you soon.
I doubt that MS Word will "do the job." I work in MSWord all the time, and it has exactly nothing to do with hyphenation in ebooks. Most e-readers either don't hyphenate, or, ilke the Nook, hyphenate wherever it runs out of room--not at a syllable, where it should hyphenate. Putting the shy code in is fine if you have OCD and want to torture yourself, but it's not used in any major e-reader that I've seen; their own built-in dictionaries use their own hyphenation if it exists, or, like the early Kindles, no hyphenation at all.

Hitch
Hitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #20
townsend
Enthusiast
townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Sigil
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanHd View Post
Hi,

Go gentle on me i am a total newbie when it comes to editing ebooks files.

Is there an easy way in book view to insert a line break without changing to code view and manually inserting a line break.
I know exactly what you mean. Sigil is just a little buggy in that way. If you look at the code, you'll see, once Sigil starts using <div> tags they just continue to propagate. Every time I start a new file, I make sure that first paragraph has <p> paragraph tags and not <div> tags. I know you don't want to be messing with code, but one really easy thing to do, is to just change the two <div> tags to <p> tags. Then all is fine.

Another shortcut I discovered; when you see the line spacing is wrong, indicating that Sigil is using <div> tags, press the h6 heading 6 button, then press the p paragraph button to correct the problem. That way you don't have to go into code view at all.
townsend is offline   Reply With Quote