Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #16
patrickt
Evangelist
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Basic
"In honor of World Book Day I am giving books to a few people who look like they would enjoy a good read and perhaps pass it on to someone else. Enjoy."
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:40 AM   #17
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Someone on YouTube packaged the books with a card saying "Please take me" and explaining what it was about. They then left them in public places like the bus, train, park benches etc. I thought it was quite a cool way of doing it.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:05 AM   #18
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
well, the first ten went rather well: but these were not total strangers, just some people that I had seen but did not know, or people that I know. It was easier than I thought, though, so for the other ten I decided it had to be people I did not know at all. So i did procrastinate for a while, and in the end I confess I chickened out, and put them with a note in their mailboxes!

Wow, twenty books to distribute! That's quite a lot! I wouldn't have the courage either to give them to total strangers.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #19
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I live in a fairly small town, with the nearest bookstores being 20 miles away in one direction, and maybe 17 in the other (both B&N). We have a small library. I'm tempted to sign up to apply to be a distributor: I'd set up a booth in our small downtown area, with a sign saying "free books". We also have a small nursing home that might like copies.

I suppose it all depends on which books are selected.

I heard that, in Pittsburgh, one person had problems giving away copies of Good Omens, because it had the word "witch" in the title.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #20
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Found the video I was talking about.

Last edited by Crusader; 04-25-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote