Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 07:36 AM   #16
VandaSue
VandaSue began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Finally, discovered where and how to get to the meta data. Whew. Who would ever guess that it was lurking inside of the epub as a hidden zip file? Have to rename the file as a zip, and then unzip it to get to the goodies. Now to try to do some editing. Right. That should be fun. Maybe I will get it. HOURS of reading, reading and reading and scouring the net, but heck, I have a bit more info under my belt now.
VandaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:01 PM   #17
VandaSue
VandaSue began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Yeah!!! Got my book on iTunes. Now to wait until iTunes does their thing. I am very pleased, and going to treat myself to a well earned dinner. Up all night watching videos, etc., and finally learned some of the code that I had forgotten. Need a huge refresher course.

Suggestions for a nice ebook that would do the trick, without a lot of fanfare? By that, I mean simple code, basic stuff, anything one would need for iTunes. Thanks.
VandaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #18
dwma
dwma began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I got stuck on this "missing required element "dc:language"" error too. I am posting my solution for anyone who may find this thread. I create epubs from InDesign on a Mac and got this error when uploading through iTunes Producer.

Here's what you do on a Mac:

1) Download Springy from springyarchiver.com. Open Springy, and go to File > Open.

2) Locate your epub file and click the Open button.

3) You will see a small file menu. Go to the OEBPS folder and you'll see the content.opf file. Double click it to open with TextEdit.

4) Add the code <dc:language>English</dc:language> within the list at the top. I don't think it matters where (but maybe it does). Close the file without saving.

5) Springy will then ask if you wish "Overwrite the item in archive." Click Yes.

6) Close Springy.

Congrats, you've just edited your metadata! Your epub should be all set for upload to iTunes Producer.

Derrick
dwma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:18 AM   #19
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I'm not sure "English" is correct, you should use the ISO code "en" instead.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #20
raychard
raychard began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba Tablet
Hi, Newbie I am here. I formatted my WS Doc following the 1st video on the Carry On Books front page. And everything seemed to go well.
Then I downloaded Sigil and tried to open the HTML file I had just created. I received this message
"(name of book() line 2463: expected comment or CDATA section.
Try setting the Clean Source pref to Pretty Print or HTML Tidy and reloading the file."

This I did but still not able to load the file.

Hope you can help.
Thanks in advnce.
raychard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #21
alicepattinson
Zealot
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I also heard some ebooks with Smashwords? have you heard of it as well?
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #22
pynch
luxury item
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by raychard View Post
Hi, Newbie I am here. I formatted my WS Doc following the 1st video on the Carry On Books front page. And everything seemed to go well.
Then I downloaded Sigil and tried to open the HTML file I had just created. I received this message
"(name of book() line 2463: expected comment or CDATA section.
Try setting the Clean Source pref to Pretty Print or HTML Tidy and reloading the file."

This I did but still not able to load the file.

Hope you can help.
Thanks in advnce.
Welcome to MobileRead, raychard!

Don’t ask me why, but it usually works if you open the html file in a browser, save the page, and open the resulting file with Sigil.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #23
raychard
raychard began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba Tablet
"Don’t ask me why, but it usually works if you open the html file in a browser, save the page, and open the resulting file with Sigil."

Well pynch, Yes it worked. Wonderful solution. many many thanks.
Doesn't matter how it works as long as it works!

Allabest
Raychard"
raychard is offline   Reply With Quote