Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #46
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, PRS-T1
There is an issue with accented letters. I think I have solved it, but need to do more testing. Apparently it is a combination with the CMAP table of the font and a wrong translation from the unicode decimal value to the correct CMAP table value.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #47
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It seems that I have fixed the issue. I don't get the error anymore at least. Now I will continue work on the other version, although this codechange is also needed there.

Updated version in the startpost.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #48
Turtle91
Guru
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5/iPad 1&2/Surface Pro/Kindle PW
Awesome!! I'll give it a try now.

Thanks!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:05 AM   #49
Toxaris
Wizard

Some fonts don't work very well in ADE, that is known. For now the solution would be to load the font in FontForge and correct it. It seems to be related to the OS/2 version property.
I am thinking of implementing a way to check the version and adapt it when required. I can build it in the current version and in the future version. It would remove the need for Fontforge for this specific reason. Would there be any interest in that? It is some work to do.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Some fonts don't work very well in ADE, that is known. For now the solution would be to load the font in FontForge and correct it. It seems to be related to the OS/2 version property.
I am thinking of implementing a way to check the version and adapt it when required. I can build it in the current version and in the future version. It would remove the need for Fontforge for this specific reason. Would there be any interest in that? It is some work to do.
Type Light is free for Windows. It does allow editing of the font's metadata. So if might do for fixing the OS/2 version. I've not tried it so I cannot say for sure. If it does work, then there are free solutions for all main OS.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #51
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Most people I expect would prefer a simple method of fixing this than having the need to install font editing software. I know I would.

I have zero interest in editing existing fonts (or creating new ones) as I have neither the time or the inclination to do this, so if the tool to remove unwanted glyphs can also make this correcting, then I would be very graetful.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #52
Toxaris
Wizard

Quite a bit of delay. The changing of the OS/2 version will not happen for the coming period. That is proving too challanging...

I uploaded a new version in the start post. A small rearrange of the interface and I put sequence numbers to see the correct usage. I also made a small codechange, that glyphs will always be added due to newer readers using them on the fly.