Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #31
isotherm
Connoisseur
isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks for the report... I couldn't understand why it didn't work. anonimo200, it should work everywhere, not just in the PDF reader.

A single contrast change is often subtle, and if there aren't many shades of gray the screen won't even flash. To be sure it's working, push Shift + click the fiveway and it will invert. Also Shift + left twice will go to monochrome mode, which should be obvious e.g. in the status bar at the top of the screen. After that it would also stop flashing between updates.
isotherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #32
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Yeah. It really wasnt working before. It really is now. I dont know why.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:50 AM   #33
Bablu
Bablu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Thanks Isotherm

Thanks Isotherm for the help...i have successfully installed the Contrast file and it is working...

Just another help i need...in my new kindle 4th genration..the pdf files can be highlighted and also the dictionary is working in the pdf. But for the same file the DXG has no support for cursor movement and highlighting...

can u suggest something ? thanks in advance
Bablu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #34
isotherm
Connoisseur
isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.isotherm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Glad you got it working! Unfortunately I can't help directly with those PDF viewer features. Your options would be to do one of the following:
Old 11-02-2013, 03:34 AM   #35
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is there any good reason this isnt packaged up for the k2 + k2i, AFAIK they are an indentical FW...

[root@kindle root]# waitforkey
Quote:
42 1
is the Left shift on a k2i

Quote:
if( buffer[10] == 0x2A && buffer[12] == 1 )

[root@kindle root]# pidof contrast
Quote:

so that looks okay...

hmmmm

Last edited by twobob; 11-02-2013 at 03:59 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:03 AM   #36
twobob

K2i repack.

Works fine.

Same keys.

And incidentally... I had to reboot "again" to get this one activated too... Just like the 1st time on the DX. Still dont know why.
Attached Files
File Type: bin update_contrast_0.2_k2i-REPACK-install.bin (32.6 KB, 239 views)

Last edited by twobob; 11-02-2013 at 04:07 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:08 AM   #37
twobob

For those that missed it:

echo "99 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0" >/proc/eink_fb/update_display;
echo "18 0" >/proc/eink_fb/update_display

to invert screen. awesome on a k2i
Old 11-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #38
isotherm
Connoisseur

Or push Shift + fiveway, hopefully (if the key watcher is working on K2 anyway).
Old 11-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #39
twobob

This works perfectly. nice one.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #40
twobob

Quote:
isotherm
Connoisseur

The DX bite the big one?
Old 11-11-2013, 01:17 AM   #41
twobob

tested this on another virgin k2i

it definitely needs a "Restart" after the installer has finished to pick up the changes.
Still not sure why.

SHIFT + 5WAY UP (few times)
SHIFT + 5WAY LEFT (few times)
SHIFT + 5WAY PUSH (this give the optional colour inversion)

gives white on black no flashing updates and a k2i.

Tasty

Last edited by twobob; 11-16-2013 at 11:11 PM. Reason: pointed out what gives the inverted colour
Old 12-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #42
generalzhang
generalzhang can extract oil from cheesegeneralzhang can extract oil from cheesegeneralzhang can extract oil from cheesegeneralzhang can extract oil from cheesegeneralzhang can extract oil from cheesegeneralzhang can extract oil from cheesegeneralzhang can extract oil from cheesegeneralzhang can extract oil from cheese

Device: k3, dxg
Hi, isotherm, I just tried this in my new dxg, it do work after I restart the device, thanks a lot!
I have a question about how to restore the setting to the defualt value. Does uninstall work?
generalzhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #43
isotherm
Connoisseur

It should always start up with the default contrast (if you actually turn the Kindle off, not just put it to sleep). You could also use the arrows to set it back to the middle level and max shades of gray. But uninstall worked too, last I tried it.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:25 PM   #44
kkias
kkias began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
may I ask for a repack for the Kindle DXi? please, very much appreciated!
kkias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:22 PM   #45
michlmmg
michlmmg began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx b004
I have Kindle DX white (b004) 2.5.8, and your upgrade doesn't work on it. The "Update" menu item is greyed out.
Where can I find your update for contrast and other enhancements for Kindle DX White?
michlmmg is offline   Reply With Quote