Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #31
cooltwou
Enthusiast
cooltwou began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
do you think this might work go into the caliber program and delete the epub format off the book & then resend the books back to N7
cooltwou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #32
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltwou View Post
do you think this might work go into the caliber program and delete the epub format off the book & then resend the books back to N7
That can be a bad idea as if at a future date you want the ePub format for any reason (perhaps to retry a conversion to mobi if the current one is not that good) you will have lost it. Much better is simply to configure the driver for the device to only accept mobi format.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:57 PM   #33
cooltwou
Enthusiast

how do I configure the driver for the device to only accept mobi format
Old 04-11-2013, 01:10 AM   #34
cooltwou
Enthusiast

I tried to search on Google on how to do what you told me to do but it didn't tell me how or show me how to do it
Old 04-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #35
cooltwou
Enthusiast

I can't find a way to figure out how to set up the drivers to only accept mobi ebooks Google was no help
Old 04-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Have you actually opened the driver options and looked at it?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #37
cooltwou
Enthusiast

I don't know how to open the drivers on the nexus 7
Old 04-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #38
cooltwou
Enthusiast

I still can't see anyway to open the drivers I searched through Google & YouTube but neither came up with anything at ball that would tell me how to open the drivers on the N7
Old 04-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #39
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
In Calibre you can go to Preferences->Advanced->Plugins->Device Interface Plugins->Android Driver and select the customize option.

I think you can get to the same configuration screen more easily by plugging the device in and then right-clicking it's icon on the main toolbar and selecting the option to configure the device.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #40
cooltwou
Enthusiast

OK thanks
Old 04-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #41
cooltwou
Enthusiast

that worked after I went in & clicked to send mobi only I had no problems after I deleted the book off the device & then put it back on there
Old 04-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #42
Jackie S
Jackie S began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Kobo Arc

I am having the same trouble with my Kobo Arc - is it the same thing that I do not have windows 7 on my computer?
Jackie S is offline   Reply With Quote