Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 03-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #241
Blossom
Wrapped up in Christmas
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 4 Kindles, 2 Kindle Fires, 2 SGPs, Nexus 7 and Fire Phone
Kindle Romance Deal of the Day! $1.99

Return to Willow Lake by Susan Wiggs
(The Lakeshore Chronicles)
Publisher: Harlequin MIRA (February 26, 2013)
Blossom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:57 AM   #242
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Anything You Can Do [Kindle Edition]
Sally Berneathy (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Anything-You-C...154606011_f_61

Quote:
Ares and Aphrodite
Antony and Cleopatra
Superman and Lois Lane
Bailey Russell and Austin Travers

They can’t get along with each other, but they can’t get along without each other. Bailey likes to win whether in the courtroom or on the 10K race track. So does Austin. When the two meet, sparks fly in all directions.

Bailey Russell’s life is pretty much perfect. She has a dog, a condo, and she’s on the fast track to becoming a partner in the small law firm where she works. Then Austin Travers shows up with his electric blue eyes and electric touch. He beats her in a 10K race, almost overtakes her in an impromptu swim meet, and cooks a delicious meal while her cheesecake tastes like greasy cardboard. However, she takes him down in the courtroom and in a game of chess. The score is close to even. Then she learns he wants to change her law firm, merge it with a bigger one, disrupt Bailey’s life.

To her chagrin, Bailey finds herself attracted to the annoying man, but she remembers only too well the painful days of being a skinny, awkward adolescent, the butt of jokes about red hair and freckles and brainy women. Men like Austin Travers reserved their interest for beautiful women with soft voices and bust line measurements that exceeded their IQs.

Austin soon realizes that Bailey is the most frustrating woman he’s ever met, a tiger, a force to be reckoned with. She makes him crazy, but all other women are pale ghosts beside her. She makes him feel vital and alive. If only he can figure out how to be around her for five minutes without wanting to strangle her.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:58 AM   #243
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

STARTING OVER [Kindle Edition] Kathy Clark (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/STARTING-OVER-...154606011_f_62

Quote:
When Kate Cramer's husband died in a helicopter crash, the timing couldn't have been worse. Not only is she six months pregnant with her first child, but their transport company, C-Breeze is near bankruptcy and she has no one to fly the remaining helicopter.

Rusty Russell, temporarily visiting the small Texas town, offers to help her out, promising to stay long enough to get the business back off the ground. His skills as a pilot, a mechanic and a salesman save the day, and as he and Kate work together, they form a strong bond of friendship...a friendship that was tested when he was at her side as her baby arrived.

But what felt like a beautiful beginning was shattered by a fierce hurricane and a shocking discovery that threatened to take away everything Kate...and Rusty have grown to love.

REVIEWS:

Romantic Times 4- "...a warm caring romance and a few surprise twists to keep reader interest at a peak."

Rendezvous "I love the give and take between Kate and Rusty. A good story about the complexities of these loving individuals."

FREE BONUS CHAPTERS INCLUDED.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:01 AM   #244
bookratt
Wizard

Olivia [Kindle Edition] Donna Sturgeon (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Olivia-ebook/d...154606011_f_99

Quote:
Olivia Hanson has spent most of her twenty-five years staring wistfully across the tracks to the north side of town, longing for a white picket fence and normal—something she’s never known. Born in a prison and abandoned by her mother, Olivia was raised in South Juliette by her father, Eugene—a knee-bouncing, chain-smoking loner with a Cheeze Doodle addiction. Olivia drinks too much, loses her heart too easily, and works in a factory as quality control, a mundane job she’d sworn would only be temporary, not the permanent drudgery it has become. Her only joy in life comes in the form of late-night slow dances with hot bartender, George, who can set her body on fire with his kisses but is unwilling to go any further.

The day Olivia accidentally backs her Buick into a black Dodge pickup, she tumbles head-over-heels into what she believes is the happily-ever-after kind of love she has been longing for. But the road to happiness is not as easy as it looks. It’s a long, winding journey of self-discovery full of potholes, pregnancy tests, lobster tattoos, Walmart scooters, impromptu weddings, hump-happy Boston terriers, and a sexy, but oh-so-annoying police officer who pops up around every curve.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:07 AM   #245
Blossom
Wrapped up in Christmas
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
STARTING OVER [Kindle Edition] Kathy Clark (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/STARTING-OVER-...154606011_f_62
Harlequin American Romance (1991)

Great Find!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:50 AM   #246
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Free at B&N

Waiting for Summer's Return by Kim Vogel Sawyer
In the Company of Secrets by Judith Miller
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #247
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K-Touch, Nook GL, K-Fire, Kobo Aura
Free from Amazon: Waiting for Summer's Return (Heart of the Prairie Book #1) by Kim Vogel Sawyer, from Bethany House. Also free at Barnes & Noble.

Quote:
All alone on the Kansas prairie, Summer Steadman has few options. With her husband and children lost to illness, she has no desire to continue on farther west to where she and her husband planned to build their future. Instead, she seeks employment in a small Mennonite community in order to be near the graves of her family.

Widower Peter Ollenburger, the local gristmill owner, needs someone to teach his young son. When he hears of a "learned woman" in town, he believes she is the answer to his prayers. He soon discovers, however, that helping this outsider may have troublesome consequences.

There is little this father will not do for his son, but as the boy begins to look at Summer as more than a teacher, Peter must make a choice. Does he marry this woman to give his son a new mother, or does he marry only for love?

Will Summer's broken heart ever be able to love again?
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #248
Atunah
Guru
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, K3, Basic K, PW1, Fire1, FireHD8.9, FireHD6, Nexus 7.2
Help

So I got this 3 book bundle today on sale for 99 cents.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Wilde-Seri...dp/B00APUHUBM/

Janelle Denison and it includes book 3,4 and 5 of the Wilde series in this bundle. They seem to have been published by Berkley before in 2007.

I am trying to split them in 3 books in calibre. I think it was Blossom that posted before that if its a azw3 (KF8) to use a plugin called kindle unpack.

I got the plugin installed, but I have no clue how to use it or what I am suppose to do now. I can't find an option anywhere on how to get this book split. I have used calibre for years, but I am a total dufus when it comes to stuff like that

eta: I think I figured it out. I'll find out when I send them to my kindle. I did the unpack and that gave me a epub. Then I had to select something something for each book.
That took a few tries not surprisingly.
I think I selected the whole books, I hope. Had to add some covers then convert back to mobi. I'll check once they make it on my kindle.

I just don't like to read bundled books. I can never find where I was and where I am and where I am going.

Last edited by Atunah; 03-18-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #249
Blossom
Wrapped up in Christmas

Free @ Amazon

Slim pickin's today.

Guarding Kelsey by Kat Attalla
((Books We Love Romantic Suspense))

Secrets of Midnight by Miriam Minger
(Regency Men of Their Dreams Series, Book 1)

Brash by Nicola Marsh (Novella)
Note: Harlequin Author

Rescued By The Rancher by Soraya Lane
Note: Harlequin Author. She really needs to stop using caps in her titles.

Karma Kitty Goes to Comic Con by Mari Mancusi
(Novella)

The Mysterious Gift, A Novella by Kathleen Creighton
(Novella)

Needing Nita (Serve and Protect Series) by Norah Wilson
(Novella)

The Bride and the Brute by Laurel O'Donnell
(Novella)

Desperate Measures by Candice Hern
(A Regency Short Story)

All's Fair in Love & Seduction by Beverley Kendall
(The Elusive Lords, Book 2.5) Novella!
Old 03-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #250
Blossom
Wrapped up in Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Help

So I got this 3 book bundle today on sale for 99 cents.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Wilde-Seri...dp/B00APUHUBM/

Janelle Denison and it includes book 3,4 and 5 of the Wilde series in this bundle. They seem to have been published by Berkley before in 2007.

I am trying to split them in 3 books in calibre. I think it was Blossom that posted before that if its a azw3 (KF8) to use a plugin called kindle unpack.

I got the plugin installed, but I have no clue how to use it or what I am suppose to do now. I can't find an option anywhere on how to get this book split. I have used calibre for years, but I am a total dufus when it comes to stuff like that

eta: I think I figured it out. I'll find out when I send them to my kindle. I did the unpack and that gave me a epub. Then I had to select something something for each book.
That took a few tries not surprisingly.
I think I selected the whole books, I hope. Had to add some covers then convert back to mobi. I'll check once they make it on my kindle.

I just don't like to read bundled books. I can never find where I was and where I am and where I am going.
Kindle unpack justs extract the epub. You need EpubSplit to split the books.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #251
Blossom
Wrapped up in Christmas

A Harlequin Intrigue author posted this on Facebook.

Quote:
Harlequin is changing its release schedule, and instead of Intrigues coming out the second Tuesday of the month (retail), they'll becoming out a couple weeks earlier. So April books will start hitting the shelves tomorrow. Mine and the other March releases have only been available on bookshelves for a couple of weeks. And they'll be leaving tomorrow! So a short time-frame to purchase them if you buy in stores. (Of course, the books will be available online for as long as they last... and in ebook format long after that).

I wonder what HQ is up to?
Old 03-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #252
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(1/2/3/dx), nook, nookcolr, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
(erotica)

Rituals of Passion, the first title in the Brides of Caralon series by Lacey Alexander, is free in the Kindle store, from Barnes & Noble, Sony, AllRomance and direct from the publisher, Ellora’s Cave. (M/F)

Quote:
Book Description
When Maven, the eldest daughter of Caralon’s mighty ruler, is given in marriage to the fearsome Dane of Rawley, she’s horrified. Bad enough that she should be any man’s possession, but she’s heard the dreadful tales about Dane, tales of force and brutality. She goes into the marriage refusing to submit to him in any way—the only problem is, the sensuously forceful Dane demands her submission, especially in his bed, and he’s determined to get it.
As Maven begins to clash with the Beast of Rawley, she needs all her wits about her to win their erotic battle for control.
No Quarter, the first title in the Bounty series by Christine d’Abo, is free in the Kindle store, from Barnes & Noble, Sony, AllRomance and direct from the publisher, Ellora’s Cave. (M/M)

Quote:
Book Description
When bounty hunter Gar is given a simple locate-and-retrieve mission, he’s convinced it’s a waste of his skills. His success rate is legendary, and this assignment is almost too easy.
There isn’t a more prolific space pirate in the galaxy than Captain Faolan. When he walks into a bar with a proposition heavy in mind, he’s not expecting anything to go wrong.

Forced from his solitary existence to work with Faolan, Gar can’t deny his need and desire for a man who he should put in prison. When the hunter becomes the hunted, Gar must learn to put his faith in a man he doesn’t know, or run the risk of ending up dead.
koland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #253
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(1/2/3/dx), nook, nookcolr, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
(affiliate links in signature)

His Compromised Countess ($4.61 Kindle), a novel by Deborah Hale [Harlequin Historical], is today's Deal of the Day at Diesel E-Books, where it's discounted to $0.90. (3 copies left).

Quote:
Book Description
When his beautiful, flirtatious wife scandalizes Almack's by being caught in the arms of his enemy, Bennett Maitland, Earl of Sterling, finally ends his unsuitable marriage. He banishes Caroline to his remote childhood home—only to end up trapped there with her!

Having lost the love of her cold husband, Caroline is outwardly defiant—yet her wounded heart aches for what they once shared. If she dares, she has one last chance to break through Bennett's icy reserve and rekindle the fiery passion that once consumed them!
Imperfect ($3.99 Kindle), a novelette by Viola Grace, is today’s Deal of the Day at EBook Eros (Diesel), where it’s discounted to $1.00. (6 copies left at the deals price).

Quote:
Book Description
The Prefect of Lorahan wants Illora and her successful efforts to dodge the selection process has turned him ashen with fury and parts of him blue. He concocts a plan to trap her with her own honesty and the race is on to make her his before the Alliance comes to retrieve her. He must fight his urge to be forthright and deliberately manipulate her into the position as his wife.

Let's hope they both survive the process.
koland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #254
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
Liquid Silver Books has eight free books available from their new ebook store (multiformat)...
http://www.lsbooks.com/-free-reads-c361.php
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #255
bookratt
Wizard

My Familiar Stranger - Romancing the Vampire Hunters (Black Swan 1) [Kindle Edition]
Victoria Danann (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/My-Familiar-St...154606011_f_14

Quote:
Smart. Sexy. Magical.

A secret society, modern day knights, an accidental pilgrim from an alternate dimension, and a vampire like no other come together where chance intersects romance for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure, proving that true love can find you in the strangest places, even far, far from home.

NOMINATED FOR REVIEWERS' CHOICE 2012 Paranormal Romance Guild.

WHAT THE CRITICS SAY...

Between the Bind: "This book was a ride!"

Books, Books, and More: "If I could write like this, I would never do anything else."

Night Owl Reviews TOP PICK: "...a very complex book that is beautiful and heartwarming. There are numerous laugh out loud moments, as well as several nail biting edge of your seat moments. The adventure quotient is high, but not too much so. The romance in the novel is built in seamlessly, exquisitely enhancing the story."

Coffee Addicted Writer. "I have read many vampire novels over the years, some good and some just plain awful. My Familiar Stranger is a breath of fresh air to the vampire genre that has been done to death thanks to the overrated Twilight series. My Familiar Stranger has an original plot. I thought it was pure genius that the author would set the book in a parallel universe. The characters are all likeable and the dialogue is snappy."

Booked and Loaded: "Created with a deft hand, each character is so well developed and defined that their voices are unique and specific, although their development is gradual, as befitting of plot and action. The rest of the story is just as well-crafted, almost to the point that you aren't 100% certain that the world described is not just outside your door. The author has done a stellar job in creating the world, those who live within it, and a story-line that both compels you to read as you rush through to see just what happens next..."

The Paranormal Romance Guild: "This book is not the usual paranormal story that I am used to reading. It is way better. ... There are many surprises and in this reviewer's opinion this book had it all."

Bitten by Paranormal Romance: "My Familiar Stranger was a wonderfully engrossing paranormal romance with just a dash of science fiction that grabbed me from page one and didn't let go! Ms. Danann absolutely knows how to get a series going."

Addicted to Reading: "Go sneak off to your reading nook, get comfy and get ready to dive into a new dimension with horrors, villains and true love that will keep the pages turning till the very end leaving you wanting more, but satisfied!"

Book Nympho: "Paranormal romance isn't a genre I usually read but after reading the plot, I was intrigued by this book and decided to broaden my reading horizons and give it a try. I'm so glad I did because I devoured the book in less than two days!"

DESCRIPTION...

Minutes ahead of inevitable assassination, Elora Laiken is forcibly transported to an alternate dimension similar, but not identical, to her own. She is stranded. Alone. Far from home. A stranger in a "strangish" land.

Of course a girl could suffer worse problems than having gorgeous suitors. Perhaps more importantly, in the midst of an epidemic of vampire related abductions, can she stay alive long enough to choose between an honor debt, true love, or the breathlessness of single-minded passion?

My Familiar Stranger is a full length, stand alone, Paranormal/Fantasy Romance novel that also sets up the foundation for the Black Swan series. It is loved by fans of paranormal romance, fantasy romance, and urban fantasy.

Erotica quotient: 18+. Some steamy scenes. No menage. No BDSM.

ALSO SEE: http://www.amazon.com/The-Witchs-Dre...dp/B009LXOKQW/