Linwe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & Kindle 4
That worked! Thank You!!
Linwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #407
Miss A
Miss A began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Pro, Panasonic
Apologies if you've answered this somewhere else, but since this program runs in conjunction with the FanFictionDowloader plug-in , I've forgotten where I saw the information.
If I'm correct, there is a way to assign a particular scheme/picture to be used with each particular download site. As in, each time I download a story from Archive of Our Own, the Generate Cover plug-in will generate a cover with a particular image.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Miss A; 03-30-2013 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Nevermind, Fixed. I'm brain dead sometimes.
Miss A is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #408
DavidJC
DavidJC began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Plugin has vanished with the 0.9.29 calibre updated. Kovid suggests that the plugin needs updating.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-03-2013 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Corrected version #
DavidJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #409
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.5.12 released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix for change made to calibre API in 0.9.29

@DavidJC - this should fix the issue you reported.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #410
DavidJC
DavidJC began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Thanks Kiwidude.
DavidJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #411
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Is there an italic syntax for the generat cover plugin ?

Hi guys,

(Hoping this thread is not closed.)

Is there a way to have italics on title or author through the plugin?

I have opened all the files Vaesse provided without finding any option for this.

Any idea ?

Thank you for your help.

François
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #412
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxp33 View Post
Hi guys,

(Hoping this thread is not closed.)

I have opened all the files Vaesse provided without finding any option for this.

Any idea ?

Thank you for your help.

François
Not a bad idea

I just peeked at the PI code. (You got me curious)

The PI currently gets/shows the list of 'Font Families' that a (main) Calibre utility supplies. Any changes would most likely be dependent on what (Main) Calibre permits.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #413
KayLee
Zealot
KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST & iPad Air2
Never installed this yet, wanted to ask some questions first. When installed does it use all the font already installed on my computer like when editing pics with GIMP?
KayLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #414
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@KayLee - just install it and try it - its easy enough to uninstall it if it doesn't do what you want. The plugin contains no fonts itself, so yes it will present a list of those on your computer. As theducks says above it uses the same code that calibre does, so if you look in Preferences for calibre you will get the same list of fonts.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #415
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayLee View Post
Never installed this yet, wanted to ask some questions first. When installed does it use all the font already installed on my computer like when editing pics with GIMP?
On windows xp, and with calibre 0.9.28, it does display users specific fonts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks
Not a bad idea

I just peeked at the PI code. (You got me curious)

The PI currently gets/shows the list of 'Font Families' that a (main) Calibre utility supplies. Any changes would most likely be dependent on what (Main) Calibre permits.
Thanks for looking into it. Hopefully someday Calibre will permit it

François
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #416
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Hi guys,

François
No, but some of the blahblahScript fonts look a bit Italicish - I use Freestyle Script.

If you can get access to Fontlab Studio you could very easily create say TimesRomanItalics.fft - but it ain't cheap - unless you have an .edu ID card - then you get 77% discount.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #417
KayLee
Zealot
KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST & iPad Air2
Quote:
On windows xp, and with calibre 0.9.28, it does display users specific fonts.
Thanks I have zillions of free font from http://www.dafont.com/ I'm sure I can put together a somewhat unique cover using them.
KayLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #418
jessifanfic
jessifanfic began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad 3/Marvin App, Iphone 4s/Stanza
I have a question that has been bugging me for a long time. When I use Generate Cover after editing the comments (summary) for the book I wind up with a cover showing the HTML tags.

Such as below:

<div><p>Merlin Emrys is 26 years old. He's not expecting to be diagnosed with cancer and told he's just as likely to die as he is to live.</p></div>

My custom text field:
Tags: {tags}
Summary: {comments}

What am I doing wrong? Is there a setting to strip HTML (or translate it)?

Last edited by jessifanfic; 05-19-2013 at 12:17 AM. Reason: add details
jessifanfic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #419
jstabe
Enthusiast
jstabe began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Changing metadata location

I apologize if you answered this elsewhere in the thread, but I couldn't find it. It does say that you can control which metadata is shown and where it is located on the cover. Is that for all covers? Essentially, what I'm trying to do is use an image, stretch it to use as a cover background, and then put the title and author at the bottom of the pic. I just can't figure out how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
jstabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #420
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstabe View Post
I apologize if you answered this elsewhere in the thread, but I couldn't find it. It does say that you can control which metadata is shown and where it is located on the cover. Is that for all covers? Essentially, what I'm trying to do is use an image, stretch it to use as a cover background, and then put the title and author at the bottom of the pic. I just can't figure out how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure you can put text at the bottom, AFAIK its always at the top

Hopefully the attachment will help, the plugin will adjust the image and text to 'fit' - best thing is to play with it for a bit on a test library into which you've copied a few books.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	106186  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote