Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #16
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
It can be retroactively downgraded, then jailbreaked, then upgraded again.
But it's a big step to go to alternative software on the Kindle, a much smaller one to just convert the documents. Plus, alternative software probably isn't an option when you really want a lot of EPUB features. Converting to AZW3 is the best option at least for that.
What epub features are you thinking of that are less well supported in the custom reader software than the standard Kindle software?

As we are talking about epubs, I guess stuff like comics or other non-text heavy books are probably not what the OP has.

I guess you can't mean epub3 features as video and audio isn't supported well on the Kindles in varying degress anyway and I don't know how good AZW3 is for math stuff.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote