Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
DesmondD
DesmondD began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
First book experience.

I am on perhaps the last day of re-reading my first book on photography.
I must say it was more complicated than I thought. I purchased "Microsoft Word for Mac- 2004".
I have had some help from someone in the UK that I know from the photography forums, he suggested the headings I should use and the format for including pictures. Once I sent him a sample I was told that the pictures were showing as 533 instead of 520 across even though I had set it at 520. It turns out I needed to format the pictures in word to show as 75% instead of 80%.
After sending him the first copy he sent back a long list of mistakes I had made and I went through them. I've been through it three times since and made changes and fixed another 20-30 mistakes. I'm busy going through it again and am now just making it more readable with commas and paragraphs.
It's been quite a learning experience, he is going to format the first book for me for upload but I will still try to learn to do it myself.
I wish there was one program for writing it and uploading without all these worries
DesmondD is offline   Reply With Quote