Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #466
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack5959 View Post
Is it possible to create new collections from calibre after adding ebooks? I have all rename my collections in calibre.
You can import and re-import collections from calibre as often as you want. Please see the "Notes on Calibre Synchronization" in the first post for more details.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #467
puxxi2003
puxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle Touch & Tolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack5959 View Post
Good evening. I said bottom button (near the USB socket) ....
how rude

btw you wrote "button down"

sorry for trying to help you

how can i restart my kindle with the "on/off-button"?
didnt know that i can do this
puxxi2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #468
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puxxi2003 View Post
how rude

btw you wrote "button down"

sorry for trying to help you
Please don't overreact - jack5959 is clearly not a native english speaker...

Quote:
how can i restart my kindle with the "on/off-button"?
didnt know that i can do this
By pushing it for about 30 seconds. This will perform a hard reboot of the device.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #469
puxxi2003
puxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle Touch & Tolino
sorry, if you think i am overreacting
may it was a litte bit harsh
sorry

i am long over 40 and learned to be polite
and i am also no native english speaker
i sometimes also must use google translate

thanks for the advise
didnt know the "down button" can do this

Last edited by puxxi2003; 03-07-2013 at 03:48 PM.
puxxi2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #470
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Ah google translate...

I wonder if one day it will actually start a war.

: )

"No, I said prick his boil nurse"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_110.png
Views:	484
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	102565  
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #471
Tracy D.
N00b. Dumb but fearless.
Tracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: K4, Touch, PW
Okay, I tried looking for the answer to this question before I asked, but didn't find it.

Is there a setting somewhere that can control or modify the way titles are alphabetized in CM? Specifically, I'd like to know if I can change the way titles beginning with the words "A" or "The" are handled. CM locates them in the A's and T's, but I'd prefer that those words be ignored when alphabetizing, the way that Kindle and Calibre does it. Am I missing something or is this a programming issue?

Thanks for the terrific program, by the way - I'm always amazed at people who make things for free, give them away, and then get criticized. Or harrassed for features. :-)
Tracy D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #472
ixtab
(offline)

Version 2.3.5

This version supports a new configuration option, which allows to modify the order in which titles are displayed (see the post by Tracy D. right above this one).

Because I consider this to be an advanced option, which only very few users will actually want (I personally think that the order is horribly messed up when this option is enabled), there is no way to change it from the User Interface. To enable it, you must install the localization file, and change the alternative.collation setting in there to true. See the first post for info about how to use the localization file. (well, by now, it's a localization and configuration file )
Old 03-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #473
Tracy D.
N00b. Dumb but fearless.
Tracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: K4, Touch, PW
Thank you, ixtab! I'll try it out.
Tracy D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:50 AM   #474
jack5959
jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.

Device: kindle touch
Hi!
@ Ixtab: I await the end of the indexation and I'll see if the collections manager, wants to work. (It's your last version).
Thank you very much for your indulgence for my English. I also find it is difficult to understand what I should do with your instructions, because of rough translations. So thank you to understand that the translator helps but don't work perfectly. I translate with google and edit my post, because I try to correct the translator!!!
@ KNC1: Thank you for
[QUOTE] leaving the USB cable connected to power when indexing hundreds of books is a "good idea" too [/ QUOTE]
Before your help, my K5 has indexed only a few dozen ebooks a day ... And after: several hundred per day. I put over 1600 books and the indexation will not take weeks (or more ....as I thought before): this is good news for me.
I give you an interressant link about the K5 indexation... I hope it helps.
Quote:
For about 1500 books,
- The "Documents" folder occupies 693 MB
- Indexing files that are in the hidden folder "System" (especially not spoil it!) Occupy 414 MB 151 MB remains free.
Working hypothesis (a bit risky, I agree in advance): 1500 books are a representative sample in terms of size (it is home to a small three-page text to the integral of Hugo). If we accept this, we see that the index occupies about 60% of the books themselves.

Last edited by jack5959; 03-10-2013 at 06:00 AM.
jack5959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #475
Bennelong
Bennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle
I need some help, please.
I have installed Jailbreak, then Kindlet Jailbreak on my Kindle Paperwhite.

Now I am stuck with a screen like this and can not get back to the Kindle:

S) Device Setting
P) Touch Sensor Plate Test
O) Operator test suite
E) 511
N) Misc individual diagnostics
Y) nART factory test
U) USB device mode
D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags
L) Lock diags screen

X) Exit
Bennelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #476
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennelong View Post
I need some help, please.
I have installed Jailbreak, then Kindlet Jailbreak on my Kindle Paperwhite.

Now I am stuck with a screen like this and can not get back to the Kindle:

S) Device Setting
P) Touch Sensor Plate Test
O) Operator test suite
E) 511
N) Misc individual diagnostics
Y) nART factory test
U) USB device mode
D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags
L) Lock diags screen

X) Exit
You somehow managed to get your Kindle into diags mode. Did you do anything out of the ordinary which made you end up there?

Anyway, to get out of it:
(EDIT: use the instructions below, they are much easier). Original text in spoiler.
Spoiler:

Use the following options: N - U - Z - X (using the touch screen), plug the Kindle to your computer, possibly install the RNDIS network driver (if needed), set the computer's IP to 192.168.15.1, then SSH into the Kindle (IP: 192.168.15.244, user: root, password: mario), and enter the following commands:
Code:
idme -d --bootmode main
reboot
If you have further questions concerning diags mode, please post them in the Simple debricking thread, as they are off-topic here.

UPDATE: I just posted much simpler instructions HERE.

I'm still interested in how you managed to get into diags mode in the first place.

Last edited by ixtab; 03-10-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #477
Bennelong
Bennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to beholdBennelong is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle
Success! <sigh of relief>
Thank you so much. Pardon my ignorance, I am only a lame user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
You somehow managed to get your Kindle into diags mode. Did you do anything out of the ordinary which made you end up there?
I'm still interested in how you managed to get into diags mode in the first place.
Kindle Paperwhite with Special Offers, unregistered. I have never connected it to Amazon.
Firmware 5.3.1

1. Installed your Jailbreak.
2. tested, OK
3. Installed the Kindlet Jailbreak {http://ge.tt/4wapSaK/v/92}
4. This diags screen appeared.

Last edited by Bennelong; 03-10-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Bennelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #478
jack5959
jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.

Device: kindle touch
Hello, I finally have time to connect here and to say: after the indexing of my books, my K5 is again functional with the Ixtab's manager for collections! My books are imported into my collections! Hooray! And Thanks for all your great uploads ... I have another ebook-reader ( kobo glo), but I fell for this pretty K5 (which also has one of my children) ... and thanks to you, I do not regret my purchase!

Last edited by jack5959; 03-12-2013 at 12:32 PM.
jack5959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #479
ixtab
(offline)

Version 2.3.6

Supports Paperwhite FW 5.3.4 - download in first post.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:05 AM   #480
leband
leband began at the beginning.

Device: kpw
When I open the CM for the first time, I can create collections from folder and i can see them. But when i'm re-opening the CM i don't see collections, only files in folder "documents". What should i have to do to see my collections again after re-opening the CM?
leband is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks