Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
PRF Fabiana
PRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with others

Device: kindle Touch
kindle will not start and is not recognized by usb port

My name is Fabiana, I live in Brazil and I can not speak English, understanding little thing, so I'm using Google translator to report my problem with the Kindle Touch. I apologize if the translation is not good.
It is this: my kindle, after an update, did not return. It is only in the tree. And he does not care and neither is most grateful to plug it into the USB port of the computer. There is also recovery in this case? Can anyone help me? I've tried several times the procedure of holding the power button for 20 or 30 seconds and nothing!
Thank you.
PRF Fabiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Try charging again, using a wall outlet adapter instead of your computer's USB port. Let it charge for several hours this way, and try the restart (holding the slider switch for 20-30 seconds) again.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
you may actually have to hold down the slider switch for a count of 45 or 60.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
If all else fails...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206064

Simple to use. Wont hurt your books. Not sure it can do Brazilian text but simple to understand words.

easily translated. Hope that helps.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
PRF Fabiana
PRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with othersPRF Fabiana plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Try charging again, using a wall outlet adapter instead of your computer's USB port. Let it charge for several hours this way, and try the restart (holding the slider switch for 20-30 seconds) again.

I've done it several times and failed.
Thanks
Old 03-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #6
PRF Fabiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
If all else fails...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206064

Simple to use. Wont hurt your books. Not sure it can do Brazilian text but simple to understand words.

easily translated. Hope that helps.

Thanks. I did not even the procedure, but I'll try to understand it
Old 03-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #7
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

burn cd

put in windows computer

boot from cd

wait till booted

press next

attach kindle in fastboot mode
(HOLD POWER FOR 20+secs and HOME BUTTON, THEN RELEASE HOME )

press next

wait

press next...

etc.

its very easy.

hope you get it fixed.

Last edited by twobob; 03-06-2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: touch directions - not 4nt - whoops
Old 03-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
PRF Fabiana

Thanks. I'm downloading the live CD. Then you notice about the result.

Quote:
burn cd

put in windows computer

boot from cd

wait till booted

press next

attach kindle in fastboot mode (HOLD POWER and DOWN ON FIVE WAY CONTROLLER)

press next

wait

press next...

etc.

its very easy.

hope you get it fixed.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #9
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRF Fabiana View Post
Thanks. I'm downloading the live CD. Then you notice about the result.
Ok.

If you have any issues post on the KUBRICK thread so the right people can all help.

I wish you success my friend.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #10
PRF Fabiana

Smile

Thanks Twobob,

My kindle touch returned to work following the steps.

Thank you my friend.

Quote:
Ok.

If you have any issues post on the KUBRICK thread so the right people can all help.

I wish you success my friend.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #11
twobob

You are most welcome.