Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
Rockets00
Connoisseur
Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kindle 2
Question Coverflow proportions

Is it possible to change coverflow proportions? All my covers are stretched.
Rockets00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets00 View Post
Is it possible to change coverflow proportions? All my covers are stretched.
If you are referring to the covers that appear on your ereader - yes, you can change the proportion manually via an image editor such as Photoshop. But keep in mind that changing the proportion may cut off some of the original image. I find the best ratio for covers to be a 3:2, or .66. Width (smaller number) divided by height (larger number) = .65 or .66 which is a 3:2 ratio. Start with the highest resolution image available for editing.

Edit: Sorry, I read the post too fast and glossed over "coverflow." However, my post is still applicable to covers themselves.

Last edited by Skydog; 03-03-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
Rockets00
Connoisseur
Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.

coverflow is a cover browser in calibre
Old 03-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
You are right. I noticed a funny behavior: not-stretched covers (like 359x600) look ok in Book Details and a bit squashed in Cover Browser. Stretched covers (590x750) look squashed in Book Details and ok in Cover Browser. You'd think that on second case it looks even more squashed in Cover Browser.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The cover browser aspect ratio is fixed and cannot be changed. Images are resized to fit that aspect ratio. IIRC that aspect ratio is 3:4.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:06 AM   #6
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Thanks for explaining. I myself hardly ever use cover browser, just for rare eye candy.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:29 AM   #7
Rockets00
Connoisseur

Question

Who should I ask to add automatic proportions support? I use Calibre for university slides and most of them are in landscape format.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:33 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yourself. No one else is going to want to work on this.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #9
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets00 View Post
coverflow is a cover browser in calibre
Yes, it is. I simply failed to RTFQ.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote