Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #61
BillyBigStuff
Enthusiast
BillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2
Is the KUAL script able to replace the icon, or do I have to SSH in and replace it manually? K5 B011 5.3.2
Bill
BillyBigStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #62
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
No, the KUAL script doesn't replace the icon / isn't able to.
Hey, same Device as mine, K5 B011 5.3.2 !
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #63
BillyBigStuff
Enthusiast
BillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2
Ah OK that's fine
Yeah saw people talking about B011 and wasn't sure why that was significant, but I've got one :P
Bill
BillyBigStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:30 AM   #64
Green Wenonah
Green Wenonah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 (2013)
At the risk of zombifying a thread...

I did this on a PW2, 5.4.2 using KUAL/kterm rather than SSH and it went fine.

The search_bar.js file mod was a little bit different on mine. Rather than discreet lines all entries were on one line with no line breaks (I edited with Notepad++). Also, the code that needed to be changed was a bit different.

Original post:
Code:
const STORE_ID = 'app://com.lab126.store';
Paperwhite 2, 5.4.2:
Code:
const B="app://com.lab126.store";
I replaced (store) with (browser) and crossed my fingers... Coolio.

Slick little hack.
Green Wenonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:33 AM   #65
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Yep, that's a minifie'd and obfuscated js.
The only thing left "open" is the mesquite API!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:30 PM   #66
aditya3098
Zombie's worst nightmare
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle touch (hacked to the core) 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Wenonah View Post
At the risk of zombifying a thread...

I did this on a PW2, 5.4.2 using KUAL/kterm rather than SSH and it went fine.

The search_bar.js file mod was a little bit different on mine. Rather than discreet lines all entries were on one line with no line breaks (I edited with Notepad++). Also, the code that needed to be changed was a bit different.

Original post:
Code:
const STORE_ID = 'app://com.lab126.store';
Paperwhite 2, 5.4.2:
Code:
const B="app://com.lab126.store";
I replaced (store) with (browser) and crossed my fingers... Coolio.

Slick little hack.
True. Its been the case since 5.3.x (Maybe 5.2.x as well, who knows).
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:52 AM   #67
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Zombie?

Nah, good point.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	free-vector-zombies.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	117978  
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:51 PM   #68
rogerinnyc
Enthusiast
rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.

Device: Kindle PW2; Galaxy Note 2
Replace Goodreads Button Instead?

Has anyone tried/succeeded in doing this with the Goodreads button which, to me, is even more useless than the Store button? It would be great to be able to replace it with a wifi toggle, for example. I'm not a programmer, and SSH confuses me, so I'm not sure myself where to begin.....
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote