Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #1066
pdarnold
Enthusiast
pdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notes

Device: Nook and Kindle4PC
This is an event that happens every year. Many ebook sites and authors join in. Many Smashwords authors either give away or discount several of their ebook offerings. You can check Smashwords.com during the ebook week event. Many individual authors join in via their blogs etc. The link for this thread gives info about the many places and authors who will provide free or discounted ebooks. Check it during the Read an Ebook week.
pdarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #1067
Domokos
Rita Y. Toews
Domokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it is

Device: Sony and Hiebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Is this offer open to all Mobileread members?
Absolutely. Anyone can download during the week of March 3-9 (Read an E-Book Week)

Spread the word - enter the contests.... A retailer on the site is also offering a contest for a free e-reader.
Domokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:18 AM   #1068
meeera
Wizard
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, iPad MiniRet, MBP;support AuraHD,Kindle,2xKobo Glos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domokos View Post
Absolutely. Anyone can download during the week of March 3-9 (Read an E-Book Week)
Again, my question was whether the win-an-ereader offers were open to everyone. There is no T&C link on the contest site. Firstly, a T&C disclosure is required under Canadian law, and secondly it's just polite to readers to tell them both the details of the competition and how their private details will be held and used in the future.
meeera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:05 AM   #1069
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(1/2/3/dx), nook, nookcolr, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Again, my question was whether the win-an-ereader offers were open to everyone. There is no T&C link on the contest site. Firstly, a T&C disclosure is required under Canadian law, and secondly it's just polite to readers to tell them both the details of the competition and how their private details will be held and used in the future.
Which probably tells you it isn't being run in Canada.

Technically, they could probably ship it to any country that isn't banned by the law in which the web owners reside, but probably won't ship it to anyplace that the readers themselves can't be direct-shipped.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:06 AM   #1070
cb_reader
cb_reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cb_reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cb_reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cb_reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cb_reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cb_reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cb_reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cb_reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cb_reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cb_reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cb_reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: lots
Hello there. I'm CB Reader.

I have really enjoyed lurking on the forum and have popped in a few times to answer folks questions about comic books and devices (the Kindle Fire HD especially).

Check out the site and let me know what you think of the reviews and what you would like to see covered. I appreciate the opportunity to give back and happy reading!

- CB.

Last edited by cb_reader; 03-10-2013 at 04:59 AM.
cb_reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #1071
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
My interview with co-writer of The Crow, and 18 Blue Oyster Cult songs is now live:

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/tuesd...-john-shirley/
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #1072
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR Glowlight, Sony T1, Acer Iconia A200
The site hosting and primary contact (for the site and contest entries) are both in Canada.

The devices are provided by Eink, which is based in Taiwan & US, but they aren't otherwise directly involved in these two contests as far as I can tell.

So my guess is that the people involved just aren't aware of the legalities involved in such giveaways, especially one that is international.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #1073
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook, Galaxy 4mini phone
I sat down to write a story last week and realized I didn't know how to start it. After a couple of days, I figured it out. I wrote it down in a blog post so I wouldn't forget it.

http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2013/02/...art-story.html

Last edited by John Carroll; 02-26-2013 at 11:24 AM. Reason: added spacing
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #1074
typatterson67
typatterson67 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini
Hi,

i have submitted my thriller for review via email and via your site.

hopefully it will get reviewed by your review site.

thks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPottle View Post
I am part of a review site at www.rockymountainreviews.com We have about a dozen reviewers and will work with traditional and pod books as well as ebooks.
typatterson67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #1075
Domokos
Rita Y. Toews
Domokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
The site hosting and primary contact (for the site and contest entries) are both in Canada.

The devices are provided by Eink, which is based in Taiwan & US, but they aren't otherwise directly involved in these two contests as far as I can tell.

So my guess is that the people involved just aren't aware of the legalities involved in such giveaways, especially one that is international.
Very true. I've been doing this many, many years and the problem has never come up before. Last year someone in Denmark (I seem to remember) won and it was shipped there to him.

So, I guess I have to go put all the legal jargon on the site - if I can find it.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #1076
Domokos
Rita Y. Toews

Read an E-Book Week Brazil

1st Brazilian Read an Ebook Week mobilizes publishers and booksellers

Beginning Sunday, March 3rd, readers across Brazil will have one more reason to enjoy digital books - a reason they feel in their pockets. Booksellers, publishers and authors will promote the 1st "Semana do Livro Digital", the Brazilian version of Read an Ebook Week, a traditional online event running since 2004.

Brazlian Read an E-Book Week will offer thousands of free or discounted ebooks, from March 3rd to 9th. Well-known names in the local publishing market, such as Livraria Cultura (Kobo partner), Zahar, FGV and Summus, among dozens of other publishers and independent authors, join the week. All promotions will be focused on the website semanadolivrodigital.com.br, from 0h01 on Sunday. The site will function as an online "book fair", in which readers will be able to navigate through promotions, depending on the type - discounts, free books, or directly search for bookstores or publishers of choice.

The first Brazilian Read an E-Book Week is promoted by Simplíssimo (which means "very very simple"), a company specialized in digital books services, and the ebook news magazine Revolução eBook.

The Read an E-Book Week blog in Greece has also been launched at: http://www.eanagnostis.gr/2013/02/eb...mada-2013.html
Old 02-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #1077
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR Glowlight, Sony T1, Acer Iconia A200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domokos View Post
Very true. I've been doing this many, many years and the problem has never come up before. Last year someone in Denmark (I seem to remember) won and it was shipped there to him.

So, I guess I have to go put all the legal jargon on the site - if I can find it.
Since Eink is providing the devices, and since they are international and are having their own giveaways, do you have a contact there that can fill you in on how they make sure theirs are in compliance? Maybe they can link you to their contest rules and such.

It's usually boilerplate stuff. Age requirements, eligibility or restrictions (ie, location restrictions or "employees of Company X are not eligible" and the like), contest dates, how one can receive a copy of results, and probably a few other important things I'm forgetting.

Oh, also privacy stuff - how you will or won't use the information entrants / winners provide for the contest.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #1078
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook, Galaxy 4mini phone
I did a tutorial on how to add a Table of Contents for Amazon. It starts with the Word File, edits the html, and then converts it using Mobipocket. It's only one way to do it, and not necessarily the best, but it does work.

http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2013/02/...or-amazon.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #1079
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just 1 day and 9 hours left!! Get in and try and win!

Come on and get ya some!

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/5-ama...card-giveaway/
Old 03-01-2013, 04:54 AM   #1080
jhempel24
Wizard

Flash Friday today is the new short story by Chuck Palahniuk, Phoenix. I don't think I've ever hated characters more, but wow this was good!

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/flash...uck-palahniuk/

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, bookscanner, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, crime, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub fire, epub kindle fire, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, no drm, parsina press, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing