Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2013, 04:20 AM   #1
Shadowman123
Member
Shadowman123 doesn't litterShadowman123 doesn't litter
 
Posts: 11
Karma: 112
Join Date: Sep 2010
Device: prs-300
Paperwhite and Bookcovers

Hi All,

I don't know if this is the correct place for this but I really hope somebody can help:

We have two new Paperwhites for our daughters that are both set up on my Amazon account.

Thanks to all the information I've gotten here I've finally managed to get the conversion of my books right in order to get them to show up correctly on our Paperwhites (i.e "Mobi Old", [EBOK], No sharing etc.).

And after I use "SendToKindle" (PC) to transfer the books everything seems to be fine............
on one of the Readers (Reader A)!
The second one (Reader B) shows only the generic Kindlecover.
I've tried sending only to Reader B (with all variations of conversions) but no change.
Both Readers are set up exactly the same (they do have different eMails)

Hopefully somebody has some ideas.

Thank you in advance
Shadowman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DoctorOhh's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,811
Karma: 12535517
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowman123 View Post
Thanks to all the information I've gotten here I've finally managed to get the conversion of my books right in order to get them to show up correctly on our Paperwhites (i.e "Mobi Old", [EBOK], No sharing etc.).
I don't have a Kindle, but it sounds like you did your homework.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowman123 View Post
And after I use "SendToKindle" (PC) to transfer the books everything seems to be fine............
on one of the Readers (Reader A)!
The second one (Reader B) shows only the generic Kindlecover.
I've tried sending only to Reader B (with all variations of conversions) but no change.
Once you have something that works on Reader A you don't change things in calibre because it doesn't work the same way on an identical reader. You already jumped through the hoops and had success. At this point you ask here, why?

I would have deleted everything on reader B and resent things to the device. Then I would have restarted my device and waited for my Paperwhite to have a chance to index all of the new books, which can take some time.

As previously stated I don't own a Kindle, hopefully someone will chime in with experience with this device.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-25-2013 at 07:32 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
theducks's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,534
Karma: 5567087
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The (original) Silicon Valley, USA
Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowman123 View Post
Hi All,

I don't know if this is the correct place for this but I really hope somebody can help:

We have two new Paperwhites for our daughters that are both set up on my Amazon account.

Thanks to all the information I've gotten here I've finally managed to get the conversion of my books right in order to get them to show up correctly on our Paperwhites (i.e "Mobi Old", [EBOK], No sharing etc.).

And after I use "SendToKindle" (PC) to transfer the books everything seems to be fine............
on one of the Readers (Reader A)!
The second one (Reader B) shows only the generic Kindlecover.
I've tried sending only to Reader B (with all variations of conversions) but no change.
Both Readers are set up exactly the same (they do have different eMails)

Hopefully somebody has some ideas.

Thank you in advance
Are the kindle accounts linked? (the Kindle form may be a better place for this question, since you can connect)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:52 AM   #4
Shadowman123
Member
Shadowman123 doesn't litterShadowman123 doesn't litter
 
Posts: 11
Karma: 112
Join Date: Sep 2010
Device: prs-300
Thank you for your tips.
@theducks: As far as I can tell the accounts are linked correctly.

@doctorohh: You may be right though I don't look forward to resetting the device. I think my next step will be to transfer via usb (my wife "manages" the two readers and finds the 'SendtoKindle' easiest).

Thank you again
Shadowman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
theducks's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,534
Karma: 5567087
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The (original) Silicon Valley, USA
Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowman123 View Post
Thank you for your tips.
@theducks: As far as I can tell the accounts are linked correctly.

Thank you again
Great, you already checked (There is only 1 K in this family, so I have not had the experience )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paperwhite no 3g? vxf Amazon Kindle 1 10-05-2012 05:26 AM
Setting up chapters and bookcovers. pawnraider General Discussions 1 09-17-2012 07:55 PM
missing bookcovers. tezmil1 Kobo Tablets 0 08-25-2012 03:32 PM
are bookcovers shown in the list of books? ovaldisk Amazon Kindle 16 07-29-2011 01:53 PM
bookcovers julia iRex 3 03-03-2008 02:05 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:30 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.