Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #1276
BillyBigStuff
Enthusiast
BillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2
OK, thanks ixtab
I'll try starting a fresh.
Bill
BillyBigStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #1277
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakaote View Post
I'm looking at the reader plugins. It's a few more button presses to get to them, but it's plain old html5, and that's much friendler. Working out how to do the signing with xmlsec1 now.
You are speaking about *.acx files, right? I'm highly interested in this stuff. I kindly ask you to document your progress somewhere (maybe in separate page in MobileRead Wiki or anywhere you want). It doesn't matter how raw your findings will be, just dump it please ASAP if you'll have time for it.

Last edited by eureka; 02-23-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: minor
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #1278
shakaote
shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
You are speaking about *.acx files, right. I'm highly interested in this stuff. I kindly ask you to document your progress somewhere (maybe in separate page in MobileRead Wiki or anywhere you want). It doesn't matter how raw your findings will be, just dump it please ASAP if you'll have time for it.
1) Right, acx.
2) Sure (though note part about toddlers :^|).
shakaote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:27 AM   #1279
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
ixtab, you are the greatest. Finally got around to installing and playing with JBPatch on my PW and the new margins look awesome. Thank-you for all your work on both JBPatch and Collections Manager.

slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #1280
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I wonder if anyone can help me. I tried adjusting the first three font sizes from 7, 8, 9 to 5, 6, 7 just to see how they'd look. I restarted framework then re-opened my book but the font seems to stay the same size until I reach the fourth size (which I'd left as is). I don't know if there's a step I might have missed? (Is restarting framework necessary every time I make changes?)

When I try to modify font sizes, there's a warning that says, "IMPORTANT: Your device seems to be set to language that is not supported by this patch. It is very likely that this patch will NOT work properly with your device."

I have language set to English (United States). Should I set it to a different language when trying to modify font sizes?

Attaching screen shots of my book set to three different font sizes, but basically staying at the same size (size 7).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_02_25T23_01_20+0800.png
Views:	374
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	101964   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_02_25T23_01_29+0800.png
Views:	342
ID:	101965   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_02_25T23_01_39+0800.png
Views:	343
ID:	101966  

Last edited by xtine; 02-25-2013 at 10:24 AM.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #1281
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post

When I try to modify font sizes, there's a warning that says, "IMPORTANT: Your device seems to be set to language that is not supported by this patch. It is very likely that this patch will NOT work properly with your device."

I have language set to Engilsh (United States). Should I set it to a different language when trying to modify font sizes?
That language is the problem. When I set my Kindle to eenglish, weird things happen too.

But seriously, it might be the book or font. Looks like it is mobi, so it should work. Some fonts don't like certain sizes. Did you try with different font and different book? And yes most everything needs framework restart.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #1282
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
There are a few little niggles with various sizes.
I outlined my experience here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1046

Last edited by twobob; 02-25-2013 at 10:36 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #1283
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
That language is the problem. When I set my Kindle to eenglish, weird things happen too.

But seriously, it might be the book or font. Looks like it is mobi, so it should work. Some fonts don't like certain sizes. Did you try with different font and different book? And yes most everything needs framework restart.
Whoops, corrected my typo

Thanks for the quick reply, DuckieTigger Yup, the book is mobi. I tried it on several other mobi books, also tinkered with different fonts, and font size still stayed the same. Even did several restarts (through settings) aside from restarting framework through JBPatch, still no luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
There are a few little niggles with various sizes.
I outlined my experience here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1046

as DT says may well be the language too. unsure.
Could be the font size too. 5, 6, 7 all seem to be displaying at size 7 so I assume it's 5 & 6 that don't work.

Last edited by xtine; 02-25-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #1284
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

small sizes seem to not play nice.

did you try larger ones to check it was actually doing "something"

IE... have you EVER got it to show an amended size font?
Old 02-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #1285
xtine
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
small sizes seem to not play nice.

did you try larger ones to check it was actually doing "something"

IE... have you EVER got it to show an amended size font?
I only tried the smaller sizes (5 & 6). I noticed though that the font does seem to become smaller when there are headings (chapter titles, etc) so I guess it does work although the font stays the same throughout the body.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #1286
twobob

ooh thats good info. never noticed that.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #1287
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Played more with it. Sizes 4,5,6, and 7 display body the same on KT (5.3.2) and PW (5.3.3). KT is a tiny bit smaller (almost not noticeable) on screen than PW. So the lower limit appears to be a certain size not in pixel, but maybe points? Have to keep digging deeper into fontconfig - maybe there is something. If the limit would be pixel, than the PW should display smaller.

This tested on both mobi and azw3, same result.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #1288
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
@ixtab

Really love the "Fix Reader layout and hyphenation" patch. It improves reading experience on my KT tremendously. However, recently I found that it will mess up the layout of txt files in Chinese. A "-" will be added at the end of each line. If I remember correctly, there was no such a problem with early versions of the patch. Do you think you can fix this problem. many thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_03_14T13_37_49-0217.png
Views:	331
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	102879
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #1289
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Word is that the PW's new FW update 5.4.1 breaks JBPatch again....can anyone confirm or deny? (sorry ixtab!!!!)
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #1290
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Word is that the PW's new FW update 5.4.1 breaks JBPatch again....can anyone confirm or deny? (sorry ixtab!!!!)
Assuming that you're referring to FW 5.3.4 - yes, they re-obfuscated everything again. Another round of pointless and frustrating adaptations ahead for me, I guess.

ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks