Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-21-2013, 03:14 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Persnickity Nitpicker
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
v 7.0 not launching on Vista--missing msvcp100.dll

I have successfully run versions 4.2 and 6.2 from a portable drive on this Vista 32-bit pc previously, but when trying to launch version 7.0, I get message that msvcp100.dll is missing.

I believe this is because I am running Sigil from an external drive, and the required run-time libraries are missing from the system.

I am prohibited from installing programs and dlls on this computer, so I will have to drop back to version 6.2 when I must use this pc.

NOT a major problem, just reporting it in case others have similar problems.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
With 0.7.0 instead of bundling the MSVC++ files as part of Sigil the MSVC++ installer is bundled with Sigil's installer. This change was to ease packaging, reduce the size of the Sigil installation and to fixe issues with conflicts. It is also the recommend way to distribute the MSVC++ files.

You can copy the MSVC++ files into the Sigil installation directory and that should allow it to run. But I'd just install the correct MSVC++ redistributable. It is provided by Microsoft for applications compiled with their compiler.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote