Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVoid View Post
Yes, that is true if you want a perfect conversion. But a readable conversion can be had with much less work. I used to use BookDesigner 5 to convert from PDF to LRF with acceptable results and minimal editing. Unfortunately BookDesigner does not support ePub, so an extra step would be needed.

Calibre is also one of the worst converters, it totally ruins paragraph and page layout with 1 line and empty pages, etc.

I will try the methods described by the thread starter.
Calibre is not as bad as you say. But given that I like my formatting a certain way, I do take the Calibre converted ePub and tweak it so it displays as I want. I also make sure the underlying code is fairly clean.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #17
Pranananda
Connoisseur
Pranananda can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Pranananda can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Pranananda can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Pranananda can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Pranananda can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Pranananda can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Pranananda can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Pranananda can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Pranananda can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Pranananda can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Pranananda can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: ipad, iPod touch, JetBook Lite
saoir, on the Mac you might try the free application TextWrangler. It has regular expression support, so you can find and replace tags. It also can find text across line boundaries. And you can specific a range using the text selection for where a "Replace All" operation will take place. It also allows you to write perl or shell scripts and use those scripts to modify the selected text.
Pranananda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pdf, pdf conversion, pdf to epub, pdf to mobi