Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #61
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Do you remember a question I asked a couple of weeks ago about whether title sorting should include the series info? Guess what prompted that. It's not a bug.
Just wonderful. Shall we say I'm not at all surprised.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #62
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Quote:
Do you remember a question I asked a couple of weeks ago about whether title sorting should include the series info? Guess what prompted that. It's not a bug.
I'm glad I'm using the 'plug-board' method. All sort properly.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #63
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Thank you - that is what I suspect, too, but as i am still unfamiliar with my Mini, I hate the thought of bricking it: it would be good if somebody would confirm they've installed that firmware version on their Mini.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
I just connected to WIFI and synced, no update so far. It's still 2.3.1 (r45611, 12/7/12)
Simba51 loaded the firmware to their Mini (see here), so confirmed to work on Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Hi everyone,

Sorry for having been incommunicado for the last little while. [...]

@Mrs_Often: You should be able to filter your library to show only books that are on your device (i.e. hide the ones with the download arrows). This should help you with the clutter.

I'm happy to answer questions as I'm able.

Thanks!
Hi Sameer, welcome back! No problem for being away, we know life is busy! Glad to see you around again.

Thanks for the unclutter-tip! Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba51 View Post
Still no progress bar book and chapter to epub .. Snifff!
Sniff indeed!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #64
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
That is a pity, it was a very nice feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo
I'm glad I'm using the 'plug-board' method. All sort properly.
Is this only for sideloaded books, or is there a way to use it with kepubs?
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #65
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Is this only for sideloaded books, or is there a way to use it with kepubs?
Only for sideloading with Calibre.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #66
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
In regards to series information, 2.4.0, and side loaded epubs... What is the latest functionality? Is there any sorting based on series (for example, when viewing shelves)?

Thanks.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #67
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloseven View Post
kaikara, can you confirm whether or not the new firmware properly updates the current chapter in the Table of Contents (i.e. it marks the current chapter as the currently open chapter)?
Seems to be working here. I'm on Chapter 11 and the TOC shows Chapter 11 with a check mark. Just tried skipping pages ahead and updated to Chapter 12 so looks good so far.

[Edit]
Okay, just tried a new book and so far each time I've hit a chapter transition, the check mark has moved. OTOH, I was looking at another book which was a straight download which I haven't mucked with as yet and when I used the navigation slider to change pages or the double arrow chapter jump, it did not update the chapter number shown. The TOC did show the current chapter with a check mark and that was updated as I slid through the book.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 02-15-2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Updating comments... and maybe a typo or two.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #68
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post

and a new bug: series sort is broken. The series information is displayed, but books are not listed in series order for either title or author lists.
THUD

Faints dead away

Quote:
Sobs . . .
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #69
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Maybe we should do a poll: Who has turned the WiFi off to make sure they don't get the update, and who is checking every five minutes hoping they do get it.
Well, I synced my Glo and it got the update while I was opening my browser to check the messages in this forum. Takes all the fun out of it. I was expecting the new firmware after the Kobo desktop app updated a couple of days back.

Regards,
David
Old 02-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #70
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Tempted to play the devil's advocate and argue that since the series info is not part of the title except for series like the Grantville Gazette where the number is part of the name, it should not be included in title sort. Perhaps a series sort in later firmware that will sort by series?

Regards,
David
Old 02-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #71
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Tempted to play the devil's advocate and argue that since the series info is not part of the title except for series like the Grantville Gazette where the number is part of the name, it should not be included in title sort. Perhaps a series sort in later firmware that will sort by series?

Regards,
David
That's what I'm saying and asking. Sort by title and sort by series, two different things.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #72
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

Regards,
David
But the point is that yet again functionality that was added has now been taken away.

If they wanted to revert to the old manner at least
A) inform us
B) give us an option
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #73
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
There seems to be a bug in the reading menu navigate function, I can't remember if this was in 2.3.1 or not:

While reading an epub, I bring up the reading menu, select navigate (<-->), and use the slider or arrows to go to another part of the book. Then I press the back arrow to take be back to my starting position. But it doesn't take me back to the correct page, rather a few pages ahead of the correct page. I have tried it with zero margins with the same result. The bug doesn't seem to affect kepubs.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #74
ghudod
Connoisseur
ghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toys

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Hi everyone,

Sorry for having been incommunicado for the last little while. v2.4.0 has started to roll out to some units. We will be doing a wider rollout next week.

I'm happy to answer questions as I'm able.

Thanks!

Any chance of you telling us the rollout schedule? It would be nice to know when my country (UK) is live with the update, as it would save me checking fruitlessly a couple of times a day, and hammering your servers unnecessarily.
ghudod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #75
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Simba51 loaded the firmware to their Mini (see here), so confirmed to work on Mini
Mrs_Often, thanks , I saw that - BUT, it looks like the firmware plugin does not work anymore, so I think I'll wait a little bit longer :-)
paola is offline   Reply With Quote