Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 01:36 AM   #1
Rita Lee Chapman
rchapman1
Rita Lee Chapman began at the beginning.

Device: computer
Where do you find your Smashwords coupons?

I have promoted my 50% off coupon for Smashwords on Kindleboards, Kindleforum.UK, Booktalk.org, Goodreads, World Literary Cafe etc etc but it is not being utilised. Where do you go to find coupons for Smashwords?
Rita Lee Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:51 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
Perhaps it would be better to simply halve the price of your book? Personally I've never visited Smashwords (I generally buy my books from Amazon) and wouldn't look for a coupon for them.
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Nook Tablet
I buy regularly at Smashwords. Usually the author has a notice at Smashwords to use coupon code xyz to get a discount. However, I agree with Harry that the best method is simply to reduce the price for a while.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
That still does not address the issue of letting people know about the reduced price. Where is the best place to do this?
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim, PRS350/650, Nook Glow, PB Touch Lux 623
I learn about various coupon codes (not necessarily Smashwords) in the Deals & Freebies forum here on Mobileread.

If it's an author I already read, I might get it from one of their newsletters or their website (don't Twit or Facebook).

Rarely, I'll find a review or blurb on the Review site "DearAuthor.com", but those tend to be rare.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #6
Jane Oldaker
Zealot
Jane Oldaker might easily be mistaken for a TexanJane Oldaker might easily be mistaken for a TexanJane Oldaker might easily be mistaken for a TexanJane Oldaker might easily be mistaken for a TexanJane Oldaker might easily be mistaken for a TexanJane Oldaker might easily be mistaken for a TexanJane Oldaker might easily be mistaken for a TexanJane Oldaker might easily be mistaken for a TexanJane Oldaker might easily be mistaken for a TexanJane Oldaker might easily be mistaken for a TexanJane Oldaker might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Samsung G3 Tablet, Kobo Vox
I'm going to try these two:

http://couponfollow.com/site/smashwords.com3.

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/smashwords.com
Jane Oldaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #7
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I just got a coupon from Smashwords this morning from a group that I belong to and a friend that I have on Goodreads. I think just get the word out on places where readers gather.
jersysman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #8
Rita Lee Chapman
rchapman1
Rita Lee Chapman began at the beginning.

Device: computer
Thanks Jane. I've put it on retailmenot.
Rita Lee Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:57 AM   #9
SR Roddy
SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle DX
Thanks Jane! I did not know about those sites.

I advertise my coupons on Facebook, Twitter and my webpage. I sometimes think it might be better just to lower the price of the book like Harry recommended. On my next release I will probably just do an intro price.
SR Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote