Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
222fbj
222fbj began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tablet
Question How to Stop auto Tagging when Adding Books

I only want a few tags based on my subjects/interests. Calibre adds many tags when I add books. I'd like to stop 'auto tagging' and assign tags manually.

Is there a way to stop auto-tagging?
222fbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by 222fbj View Post
I only want a few tags based on my subjects/interests. Calibre adds many tags when I add books. I'd like to stop 'auto tagging' and assign tags manually.

Is there a way to stop auto-tagging?
did you configure the metadata sources?
The setting can be Global (all sources)
or individual
1 way to get there.
select a book: tap 'E'
see the configure button near the bottom?
When that opens, you are in global mode.
There you tick which sources you like and what fields you want populated.
If you select a source, you then can use the 'individually...' button to refine your selection for that source. Repeat with each ticked source.

Note some of the other options on the configure main screen
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Preferences: Metadata download
Right hand side:
- Download metadata fields :UNcheck: Tags
- :check: Prefer fewer tags
- Max number of tags to download -0-
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
My reading was that the OP is referring to when *adding* the books. If that is the case, the only way to do it is to turn off getting metadata from the file, in Preferences / Adding books. This will mean that title and author will now come from the filename, but it avoids the need for clearing the crappy tags that all too often publishers put in their books.

Kovid has said that one day he will implement a more granular control system for deciding which columns to populate when reading metadata from the book I believe, but it remains a wish list item for now.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just do it by hand. It's not hard and not time consuming.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
add books, tagging, tags