Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
FiZi
FiZi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
Lightbulb [(My) Solution] Kobo Desktop crash on launch after 1.7.1 upgrade

I submitted a ticket to Kobo support a few days ago and their said my issue was being escalated but I haven't heard back yet.

I decided to start mucking around with things today and I think I found the solution.

Disconnect your iPod from your computer before launching the Kobo Desktop App.

I "Safely Removed" my iPod which was connected via USB the entire time I was having this problem and bingo my Kobo Desktop App works fine now and can connect to my Kobo.

If I re-connect my iPod and re-launch the desktop app it crashes.

Previous to 1.7.1 I could have my iPod connected to my PC and use the Kobo Desktop Software.

If you don't have an iPod try removing any USB devices you have attached one at a time. Please exclude your keyboard and mouse from your testing
FiZi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
Fizi, thanks for your help - we've isolated this problem and have a fix in the works along with the sync problem reported in the other thread.
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
mwlcarter
Connoisseur
mwlcarter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Yep, I was having the crash too, and by removing an SD card was able to successfully install and run the Desktop Kobo.
mwlcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
BollaRice
BollaRice began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
My desktop app crashes whenever my kobo glo is connected. only connecting the reader crashes it. Any thoughts there? I've reinstalled already.
BollaRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
This is a very old thread.... I'd suggest a) uninstall the desktop and re-download it from http://www.kobobooks.com/desktop and reinstall.

If that does not work, open a new thread here.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote