Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
Dukan
Junior Member
Dukan began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jan 2013
Device: Trekstore eBook-Reader 4.0 (Pyrus) EBR40-a
Trekstor Pyrus is not detected on Windows

Im using the Trekstor Pyrus Reader with Calibre 9.15 on two different PCs, one Linux and one Windows.

Both systems recognise the device and it's storage.

But Calibre only detects it on Linux.

Here is the debug information of Calibre on Windows:

Any idea what's wrong here?

Spoiler:
calibre 0.9.15 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7600 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7600')
Python 2.7.3
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7600', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid3b3c&rev0005',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid3b34&rev0005',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52f&rev_2201',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52f&rev_2201&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52f&rev_2201&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_090c&pid_1000&rev_1000',
u'usb\\vid_1e68&pid_005c&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_5986&pid_0149&rev_0003',
u'usb\\vid_5986&pid_0149&rev_0003&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_8087&pid_0020&rev_0000',
u'usb\\vid_8087&pid_0020&rev_0000']
Unable to get free space for drive: I
(21, 'GetDiskFreeSpaceEx', 'Das Ger\xe4t ist nicht bereit.')
Drives detected:
(0) H:\ ~ \\?\STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_&PROD_EBOO K_READER&REV_1.00#B62526D011F480443344741A89E24C&0 #{53F56307-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}#{53F5630D-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}
(0) G:\ ~ \\?\STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_&PROD_&REV _#11070255009463&0#{53F56307-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}#{53F5630D-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}

No disabled plugins
Looking for devices of type: MTP_DEVICE
List of WPD PNP ids:
[u'\\\\?\\wpdbusenumroot#umb#2&37c186b&0&storage#vo lume#_??_usbstor#disk&ven_&prod_ebook_reader&rev_1 .00#b62526d011f480443344741a89e24c&0##{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}',
u'\\\\?\\wpdbusenumroot#umb#2&37c186b&0&storage#vo lume#_??_usbstor#disk&ven_&prod_&rev_#110702550094 63&0##{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}',
u'\\\\?\\wpdbusenumroot#umb#2&37c186b&0&storage#vo lume#_??_usbstor#disk&ven_&prod_ebook_reader&rev_1 .00#b62526d011f480443344741a89e24c&1##{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}']
No suitable MTP devices found

Looking for devices...
u'usb\\vid_1e68&pid_005c&rev_0100'
No match found in: \\?\STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_&PROD_EBOO K_READER&REV_1.00#B62526D011F480443344741A89E24C&0 #{53F56307-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}#{53F5630D-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}
No match found in: \\?\STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_&PROD_&REV _#11070255009463&0#{53F56307-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}#{53F5630D-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}

Devices possibly connected: None
Dukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
theducks's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,615
Karma: 5628865
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: (The original) Silicon Valley, USA
Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukan View Post
Im using the Trekstor Pyrus Reader with Calibre 9.15 on two different PCs, one Linux and one Windows.

Both systems recognise the device and it's storage.

But Calibre only detects it on Linux.

Here is the debug information of Calibre on Windows:

Any idea what's wrong here?

Spoiler:
calibre 0.9.15 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7600 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7600')
Python 2.7.3
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7600', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid3b3c&rev0005',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid3b34&rev0005',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52f&rev_2201',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52f&rev_2201&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52f&rev_2201&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_090c&pid_1000&rev_1000',
u'usb\\vid_1e68&pid_005c&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_5986&pid_0149&rev_0003',
u'usb\\vid_5986&pid_0149&rev_0003&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_8087&pid_0020&rev_0000',
u'usb\\vid_8087&pid_0020&rev_0000']
Unable to get free space for drive: I
(21, 'GetDiskFreeSpaceEx', 'Das Ger\xe4t ist nicht bereit.')
Drives detected:
(0) H:\ ~ \\?\STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_&PROD_EBOO K_READER&REV_1.00#B62526D011F480443344741A89E24C&0 #{53F56307-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}#{53F5630D-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}
(0) G:\ ~ \\?\STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_&PROD_&REV _#11070255009463&0#{53F56307-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}#{53F5630D-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}

No disabled plugins
Looking for devices of type: MTP_DEVICE
List of WPD PNP ids:
[u'\\\\?\\wpdbusenumroot#umb#2&37c186b&0&storage#vo lume#_??_usbstor#disk&ven_&prod_ebook_reader&rev_1 .00#b62526d011f480443344741a89e24c&0##{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}',
u'\\\\?\\wpdbusenumroot#umb#2&37c186b&0&storage#vo lume#_??_usbstor#disk&ven_&prod_&rev_#110702550094 63&0##{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}',
u'\\\\?\\wpdbusenumroot#umb#2&37c186b&0&storage#vo lume#_??_usbstor#disk&ven_&prod_ebook_reader&rev_1 .00#b62526d011f480443344741a89e24c&1##{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}']
No suitable MTP devices found

Looking for devices...
u'usb\\vid_1e68&pid_005c&rev_0100'
No match found in: \\?\STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_&PROD_EBOO K_READER&REV_1.00#B62526D011F480443344741A89E24C&0 #{53F56307-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}#{53F5630D-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}
No match found in: \\?\STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_&PROD_&REV _#11070255009463&0#{53F56307-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}#{53F5630D-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}

Devices possibly connected: None
MTP devices are not supported on XP.
You could upgrade your Windows to W7 (Why do Vista )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
kovidgoyal's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,908
Karma: 5035037
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai, India
Device: Various
Your device is not reporting a vendor name to windows, see:

VEN_&PROD_EBOOK_READER

in the debug output, which means calibre cannot detect it on windows. You can use connect to fodler instead.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #4
Dukan
Junior Member
Dukan began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jan 2013
Device: Trekstore eBook-Reader 4.0 (Pyrus) EBR40-a
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
MTP devices are not supported on XP.
You could upgrade your Windows to W7 (Why do Vista )
As you can see on the second line of the debug info, I am running Win7 64bit.
Dukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:39 AM   #5
Dukan
Junior Member
Dukan began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jan 2013
Device: Trekstore eBook-Reader 4.0 (Pyrus) EBR40-a
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Your device is not reporting a vendor name to windows, see:

VEN_&PROD_EBOOK_READER

in the debug output, which means calibre cannot detect it on windows. You can use connect to fodler instead.
OK, I'm already using connect to folder. Device detection would be convenient though.

Any idea why Windows does not get the vendor information? Linux does.
Dukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #6
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
theducks's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,615
Karma: 5628865
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: (The original) Silicon Valley, USA
Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukan View Post
As you can see on the second line of the debug info, I am running Win7 64bit.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
kovidgoyal's Avatar
 
Posts: 25,908
Karma: 5035037
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai, India
Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukan View Post
Any idea why Windows does not get the vendor information? Linux does.
Buggy firmware? I have no idea, you need to contact the device manufacturer.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pyrus, trekstor pyrus, tresktore, windows

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TrekStor Pyrus mini 4.3 Zoll medard Andere Lesegeräte 1 01-25-2013 11:58 PM
Kobo WiFi not being detected by Windows 7 64-bit RainIntoRainbows Kobo Reader 10 07-16-2012 11:00 PM
Calibre and Trekstor 3.0 Brumb Devices 2 10-28-2011 08:46 AM
Trekstor is not detected by calibre Bardstale Devices 6 03-13-2011 01:16 PM
Kobo not detected windows xp brianetz1 Calibre 1 01-15-2011 12:40 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.