|01-15-2013, 04:53 AM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2009
Device: Kobo Aura HD, Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Odyssey 2013 edition?
Has anyone tried this one? http://www.bookeen.com/en/cybook-odyssey-2013-edition, apart from the resolution, is there any other differences from the 2012 version?
|01-22-2013, 06:51 PM||#3|
Join Date: Jan 2013
Device: Cybook Odyssey 2013
The resolution is the same between older Odyssey and Odyssey 2013 Edition.
(The higher resolution is on the HD frontlight)
The sliding on button was change with a simple push button (maybe already change on last revision not sure)
It's seems the soft was changed and some feature (PDF reflow for exemple) add into, but I don't have the old so...
Soft version 5.0 on 2013, 4.x on older, but a 5.1 for Odyssey, Odyssey 2013 and Odyssey HD was on-line for some day before being removed (some problem with the update procedure on some device (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=200158) so it's seem this new soft feature will be backport to older device)
An also: they remove the headphone plug
|01-25-2013, 03:44 AM||#4|
Join Date: Apr 2012
Device: Cybook odyssey
I had an old one that had some hardware problems, and bookeen just replaced it by a 2013 one, so here the differences I've seen :
- The soft : no much differences, but it boot a lot faster (they got rid of the fancy startup animation. It's fun the first time, but when you have to wait for the device to start, it's actually annoying...). You have more options to sort your books though... You're not limited anymore to the folder structure, you can see them by author, ...
- The screen is slightly different. It seems better to me than before, but you can see a bit more the ghost image of what was displayed before the screen update.
- The back is not metal anymore but some rubberish (not rubbish) plastic. For me, it's a plus.
- There is no audio capabilities anymore (old one had a headspeaker jack for audiobooks, it is replaced by the charging led)
- no automatic orientation change anymore (manual is still there), which I had disabled anyway, kinda boring for this kind of device...
- The new power button is way better the old sliding one
- They got rid of their USB instability issue (at least is was there on my 1st gen odyssey)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Reference Unknown: 2007-2013 Calendar for eBook Readers. (PDF) V4. Jan. 13 2013||Jellby||Other Books||5||01-13-2013 12:07 PM|
|Sony Pocket Edition und Reader Edition auf der IFA||K-Thom||Sony Reader||0||09-09-2009 03:54 PM|
|Ended Wanted: iRex iLiad - 2nd edition or Book edition||Vladinfar||Flea Market||2||01-10-2009 01:29 PM|
|iRex iLiad 2th edition or cybook newest edition, help plz||waddragon||Which one should I buy?||1||02-03-2008 05:21 AM|