Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickredding View Post
Amazon probably looks at the "author" EXTH field and seeing "calibre" (or something other than what KindleGen puts in that field) rejects it. The solution is to stuff whatever Amazon wants to see into the author EXTH.
I doubt it is that simple, since amazon accepts some files and not others.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #17
rstoothoff
rstoothoff began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks, nickredding, but I think I'll forget about converting from .epub to .mobi, and just submit .epubs to KDP and let then convert them
rstoothoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:53 AM   #18
rstoothoff
rstoothoff began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks, Nick, but henceforth I'll just upload .epubs to KDP and let them do the conversion. I have better things to do than muck around with the niceties of .mobi files.
rstoothoff is offline   Reply With Quote