Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #226
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxpas View Post
Has anyone else noticed their case smelling... bad?

I'm pretty happy with it in general (the official one is quite a bit nicer but also heavier and a lot more expensive) but I'm seriously hoping that the smell is going to wear off after a couple of weeks.
Probably the PU... I left mine to air out for 5-7 days and the chemical smell was gone. Was waiting for spare time to shave the plastic corners.
Now, case works great, it stays closed and is so lightweight.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #227
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
^ I did, and I am really bad about uploading pictures, since I surf on my iPad. I'll try to remember to do it tomorrow. It's a very nice, intense red.
That would be great if you could. I'd really appreciate it. Is the color on ebay accurate to what it is in person?
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #228
digiridan
Enthusiast
digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Thinkpad Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Did anyone on here by chance buy one of the cases from googleproduct in the red color? I'd be curious to see a pic, if possible. I'm trying to decide between the red and the brown for a kindle touch.
This one is from googleproduct (K4).
I know that this picture is bad, but it's the only one I have. The one on the right is Amazon Paperwhite leather cover in Fuchsia.

digiridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #229
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiridan View Post
This one is from googleproduct (K4).
I know that this picture is bad, but it's the only one I have. The one on the right is Amazon Paperwhite leather cover in Fuchsia.

Thank you so much for the pic, digiridan. That's a really nice red! I was trying to figure out if it was a bright red or more of a dark tomato red, either way, I like it. Thanks again!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #230
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Here is the googleproduct case compared to the purple Amazon cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	redcase1.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	99798   Click image for larger version

Name:	redcase2.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	99799   Click image for larger version

Name:	redcase3.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	99800  
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #231
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Thank you so much for the pics, xendula! That settles it. I'm getting the red.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #232
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're welcome. If only this darn iPad had a file browser... Then I wouldn't be dragging my feet on uploading pictures like this!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #233
abrizz
Enthusiast
abrizz began at the beginning.

Device: none
Has anyone found a slim case like these but with the flip of the cover over the top instead?
abrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #234
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrizz View Post
Has anyone found a slim case like these but with the flip of the cover over the top instead?
I haven't seen a slim one that flips up.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:05 AM   #235
abrizz
Enthusiast
abrizz began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I haven't seen a slim one that flips up.
Me neither. Don't get why not. It is not that it is difficult for them to do if they already have the mold.
I find the one that flip over the top so much better then the ones that flip open like a book. I mean I for one never hold my reader open like a book. I always fold the cover behind. And if you can fold it over the top instead it just adds functionality.

Will have to keep looking!
abrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #236
xendula
eBookworm

^ Maybe there is not as much interest in this type of design. I do prefer for the cover to act like a real book so I like that it opens sideways.

There are nice genuine leather covers on Ebay that flip up, they are just not slim. Let me know if you need a recommendation, as I bought a nice, red one on Ebay for my K4S, which also fits the PW snugly.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #237
kledor
dreamer
kledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PW
Hi everyone!
I've been reading the topic for a while now and decided I would order a slim case for my PW. I was thinking of getting this LaPoueze Smart Cover from ebay, has anyone heard of them / seen their products? There are only 2 reviews on Amazon, a 1 star basically saying it's worthless, and a 4 star saying it's kinda good.
The cases already posted and photographed here are also good, though I'm obsessive about my devices and I think I'd occasionally keep the case covered PW in a sleeve (as I tend to throw a lot of stuff into my bag), so I'd want it to be really slim but sturdy.

Edited to add: Ordering from Amazon directly doesn't work for me since they don't ship a bunch of stuff to where I live, so it's either ebay or some similar site where I could get the cover.

Last edited by kledor; 01-23-2013 at 12:48 PM.
kledor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #238
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I just got the official case for my Paperwhite, and it has this big metal flange half way up the right-hand side. When I fold the cover back, the flange hits my hand right where I hold the PW, and hurts. It's really bad design - to avoid it I have to hold the PW awkwardly.

do any of the unofficial covers have that flange?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #239
kzod
kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kledor View Post
Hi everyone!
I've been reading the topic for a while now and decided I would order a slim case for my PW. I was thinking of getting this LaPoueze Smart Cover from ebay, has anyone heard of them / seen their products? There are only 2 reviews on Amazon, a 1 star basically saying it's worthless, and a 4 star saying it's kinda good.
The cases already posted and photographed here are also good, though I'm obsessive about my devices and I think I'd occasionally keep the case covered PW in a sleeve (as I tend to throw a lot of stuff into my bag), so I'd want it to be really slim but sturdy.
At $30, it's no deal. Stick with either the ebay one's listed here , or some other generics straight from Amazon (around $10-$20).
kzod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #240
freewheeling
Nameless Being

I got a Fintie black folio case from Amazon for $9.99. Received it yesterday. It has the magnetic closure and the same sort of windowed system that's used on my Poetic case for my IdeaTab Android device. It looks to be real leather although probably junk quality (cheap tanning, etc..). But it's silly to spend a lot of money on a Kindle case that will be used, at most, for 2 or 3 years. If they made the devices to a standard so that you could use the same case for the next generation it would make sense to buy quality, but if it's just going in the trash after a couple of years why bother?