Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #61
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
Anybody else done the upgrade yet? Any noticeable changes (apart from bokolobs' bold text)?
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #62
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Thanks for the 1.2 ADE roadblock fix, Ifeuln

Thank you very much for mentioning this, Ifeulin.

I will add, for anyone having an purchased ADE book access problem, it is the same problem.

Have been waiting for "Cloud Atlas" from my library (was initially #300 on the list, lol), and was really scratching my head why I couldn't open it. A test showed it also applied to my purchased ADE books, as well.

Hadn't realized there was now an ADE 2.0, so upgraded from 1.7. (I did notice ADE no longer shows EVERY book -- DRM'ed or not -- on the nook.

I had unauthorized and reauthorized the nook in ADE. Re-downloaded the book a couple times. Power-cycled the nook multiple times during all this, and finally noticed this thread about nook 1.2 update. Checked Device Info to see that B&N had done a stealth update during one of those rare instances I left wifi on for longer than a book download, so started reading this thread, just in case, and here you are with the answer. (which does the trick, I might confirm).

Thanks again for dropping that bit of miscellaneous info here. Been messing around with this for over an hour, and 3 min work after reading this solves the problem.

Only remaining question is why initially searching the nook thread for "user not activated" didn't bring me here an hour ago.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfeuln View Post
I kept getting a "User not activated" error post 1.2 update with borrowed Adobe DRM books, and per the B&N Community forums was not alone.

If affected you need to delete a folder called Digital Editions *and* a file called ".adobe-digital-editions" from the Nook before re-authorizing with Adobe Digital Editions 2.0. If you're on a Mac the .com file will be hidden! So find a PC or use the terminal to view hidden files.

Just FYI and hope this can help someone.

Last edited by eGeezer; 12-23-2012 at 03:28 PM.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #63
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
I had 1.2.0 and had serious battery problems. It'd drain itself, with wifi off, in two or three days. I just installed 1.2.1 and we'll see what happens.

The only way to keep shelves of sideloaded books was to put them on the main memory, no shelves of books on the SD card.
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:00 AM   #64
borzo
borzo began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello there,
my nook (version 1.1.2 if i remember well) has the problem of the different bookmark when opening a book from the library and opening a book from the home screen.

Sometimes it loses it or goes back to page 1.

Is it fixed in 1.2.1 / 1.2.0 ?

Please let me know, it's essential for me.

Note: I only use sideloaded books.
borzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:51 AM   #65
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
The "page 1" problem showing on the Home screen was fixed in 1.2.0, at least with my Touch. I haven't installed 1.2.1 yet.

I think you should update your device to current anyway. It seems that you haven't done an update in a long time.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #66
borzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
The "page 1" problem showing on the Home screen was fixed in 1.2.0, at least with my Touch. I haven't installed 1.2.1 yet.

I think you should update your device to current anyway. It seems that you haven't done an update in a long time.
i know that but with the rooting i managed to solve the problem, and i know what i'm leaving but don't know what i'm finding.

the "page 1" problem is the one i'm referring?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #67
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
It looks like 1.2.1 may have fixed the hyphenation problem finally.

Anybody still seeing it? I'll be happy when I can remove the 'adobe-text-layout: optimizeSpeed;' CSS from my books because that causes it's own problems.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #68
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
It looks like 1.2.1 may have fixed the hyphenation problem finally.

Anybody still seeing it? I'll be happy when I can remove the 'adobe-text-layout: optimizeSpeed;' CSS from my books because that causes it's own problems.
I retract this. I found my original test epub and it's still broken.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #69
borzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by borzo View Post
i know that but with the rooting i managed to solve the problem, and i know what i'm leaving but don't know what i'm finding.

the "page 1" problem is the one i'm referring?
could someone give me an answer?

pleaaaaaase.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #70
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I think that no one has answered you because it is VERY difficult to figure out what you are asking. I thought I already answered your question when I said that 'the "page 1" problem showing on the Home screen was fixed in 1.2.0, at least with my Touch.' As I said, the problem is fixed with 1.2.0. Isn't that an answer?

I don't know what you are asking when you say, 'the "page 1" problem is the one i'm referring?' This has no meaning, as far as I can tell.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #71
derangedhermit
Addict
derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Are the Touch and Glow firmware different? My Glow is 1.1.5.
derangedhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #72
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Looks like both share a firmware.

My glow took the 1.2.1 update. I updated it manually--I pretty much never turn on the wifi.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #73
derangedhermit
Addict
derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Looks like both share a firmware.

My glow took the 1.2.1 update. I updated it manually--I pretty much never turn on the wifi.
Me neither. Thanks, I'm doing the upgrade now.
derangedhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #74
larkahn
larkahn began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3/Galaxy A31 phone/Galaxy Tab S6 Lite tablet
Any Shelf Changes With 1.2.1 update?

Has anyone noticed better behaved shelves with the latest 1.2.1 firmware update? I've

1. powered down and then turned on the Nook Simple Touch -- shelves and their books remain.
2. added and deleted books through Calibre -- shelves and their books remain.
3. removed and re-inserted the micro card where my books are stored -- shelves and their books remain.

Am I just lucky? Is another disaster of disappearing books waiting to happen? Or has B&N made some subtle changes to the shelf system when books are stored on an external card?
larkahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #75
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by larkahn View Post
Has anyone noticed better behaved shelves with the latest 1.2.1 firmware update? I've

1. powered down and then turned on the Nook Simple Touch -- shelves and their books remain.
2. added and deleted books through Calibre -- shelves and their books remain.
3. removed and re-inserted the micro card where my books are stored -- shelves and their books remain.

Am I just lucky? Is another disaster of disappearing books waiting to happen? Or has B&N made some subtle changes to the shelf system when books are stored on an external card?
No, it's not just you. This was one of the fixes the update rolled out.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.2.1, firmware, update