Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
raku
raku began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Formatting ebooks

Hello everyone.
I am a self taught ebook designer for amazon kindle. Now that i know everything about Kindle formatting, i want to learn more and in this process i start with epub (the most widely used one).

I have a test book's html file formatted for kindle. I want to know whether the same formatting would work for Epub(Nook specially). If not then what?
Thanku
raku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Maybe not what you wanted, but you can convert your Mobi file to ePub using Calibre and then take a look at the formatting. See how it compares to your Mobi.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #3
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
An epub file is really just a zip archive containing primarily an HTML and CSS file for the text, jpg files for the images, plus a few control files (metadata, etc). If you want to see this without using a tool like Sigil, just rename an epub to extension .zip and look at it.

Therefore, if you have the HTML for the Kindle file, it should certainly be usable for the Nook. Having said all that as background, I agree with kevinp that you should first try using Calibre and doing a mobi to epub conversion.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote