Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #946
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook
Every few months, it seems as though there is a new country opening up through different stores. As an Indie Author, I own all the international rights to my books distribute them everywhere.
I've done a blog post listing what countries each store distributes to.

http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2012/12/...ationally.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #947
bmcox
Connoisseur
bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Admirable goals Bernard! Good Luck with them!

http://cdn0.4dots.com/i/mr/editor/smilie.gif
I'm still formulating/finalizing mine but (assuming my finances don't collapse due to taxes or unforeseen expenses) I'm thinking 10-20 Science Articles/essays and an equivalent number of personal essays and maybe a few short stories and possibly some novel work but I'm not really going to commit to that for sure yet. And possibly another self-published poetry volume. I fill this in over in the Writing thread.
Thanks, Kenny. I know I will hit most of these goals as most of the writing and revising is done on a majority of the pieces. Good luck with your goals as well.
bmcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #948
bmcox
Connoisseur
bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I posted the playlist I created which, in turn, helped me create my latest e-book The Space Within These Lines Is Not Dedicated.

Happy New Year!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #949
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldin View Post
Science fiction and fantasy author Stephen Goldin has launched a plan to give free ebooks in exchange for reviews. The ROGO Program (which stands for Review One, Get One) will give away Smashwords coupons to people who review participating books. In theory, you could get nearly all the Parsina Press list for the price of the first one you buy.

The details and a list of the participating books can be found on the ROGO Program page. Please note that the rules don't insist on favorable reviews, merely honest ones. If you enjoy reading science fiction and/or fantasy, this could be an incredible deal. Pleasant reading!
Science fiction and fantasy readers: How often do you get rewarded for expressing your honest opinion? Take advantage of the Parsina Press Review One, Get One (ROGO) Program and get free ebooks in exchange for reviews. See the program page for full details.
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #950
MSMiller
Author
MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.MSMiller knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle
Why I Hate Writing Blurbs

My latest post on how I find writing the book blurb more difficult than even writing the book itself...and a chance to get a free Kindle copy of The Book of Sylvia

http://www.michaelscottmillerauthor....ng-blurbs.html
MSMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #951
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook
So I switched books this morning. I'm now writing "Wyvern", book 1 of the Wyvern Trilogy. I've posted on my blog an excerpt that I wrote a few months ago for it. It is probably one of the best samples of my writing style and how silly I can be.

http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2013/01/...le-dragon.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #952
bmcox
Connoisseur

I set up a Marketing Diary on Tumblr which I briefly discuss on my blog. And by brief, I mean four sentences.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #953
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Since my last posting, I've put up three reviews:

A set of dark and twisted tales put together by Robert Dunbar in Martyrs & Monsters. Although not all the stories grabbed me, I thought the writing itself was pretty special. Check out the review: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2012/1...robert-dunbar/

Next on the list was the second book of the Kinshield saga by K.C. May - The Wayfarer King. Although I still really enjoyed the characters as they transitioned smoothly into the second book, I felt a bit let down by the story. Have a read to see what I mean: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...ng-by-k-c-may/

Just posted today was my review for the last indie book I read in 2012. This one is a mystery thriller by Marty Steere called Sea of Crises. Although there were some bumps along the way, I really enjoyed this book. It's a debut offering and I'm looking forward to seeing what else this author has up his sleeve. Read what I thought about it: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...-marty-steere/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #954
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So just how "indie" was I in my reading in 2012? My obsessive need to catalogue and analyse results in a list and summary of my reading behaviour for the year.

If you have any interest in such self-indulgent activities, feel free to click on the link and have a read: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...-reading-list/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #955
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Galaxy SIII; Xoom; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
So just how "indie" was I in my reading in 2012? My obsessive need to catalogue and analyse results in a list and summary of my reading behaviour for the year.

If you have any interest in such self-indulgent activities, feel free to click on the link and have a read: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...-reading-list/
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:42 AM   #956
Jamesabernathyth
James A Bresco
Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Now, at the Authors and Writers Blog, Phillip Phair

As a self published author, one of the biggest difficulties I faced was that of finding a suitable artist to create a stunning cover image for my book. Having received many quotations from what were in effect; Copy Paste Artists, I turned to Computer Generated Image Artists and, quite soon I had the perfect image with which to tempt the would be purchaser to buy my book. Since then I have discovered that many other self published authors are facing similar problems and, in an effort to build a bridge between Authors and Artists, I have launched a C G I Artists Spotlight on my Authors and writers Blog site.

This month I am running a CGI Artist Spotlight on Australian, C G I artist Phillip Phair, a talented C G I Artist.

Australian, CGI Artist, Phillip Phair has kindly consented to take a place on the Authors and Writers Blog site and, display some of his beautiful renderings there, for you to see.

Phillip will be looking forward to working closely with self published authors; who are looking for a High end book cover image, to promote their literary works.
The Writers and Authors blog site can be found here'

http://jamesabernathythe5th.blogspot.nl/
Jamesabernathyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #957
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
Review of mystery novel, The Frozen Shroud by Martin Edwards: http://tomesofthesoul.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/review-frozen-shroud-by-martin-edwards.html
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #958
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I've posted a cheerful post pointing readers to the best review my work has ever received... probably... here http://mtmcguire.co.uk/2013/01/07/aw...e-right-stuff/
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #959
bmcox
Connoisseur

My book was reviewed on a book review blog. She liked it! Very exciting. She made my day. I feel all official-like now.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #960
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Galaxy SIII; Xoom; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcox View Post
My book was reviewed on a book review blog. She liked it! Very exciting. She made my day. I feel all official-like now.

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, bookscanner, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, crime, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub fire, epub kindle fire, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, no drm, parsina press, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing