Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
Aghalacka32#
Aghalacka32# began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK simple Touch
NOOK Simple Touch

Hi, i live in Ireland and recently got a simple touch and am attemting to register my payment options but its not recognising the postcode for Ireland

any advice would be much appreciated!
Aghalacka32# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aghalacka32# View Post
Hi, i live in Ireland and recently got a simple touch and am attemting to register my payment options but its not recognising the postcode for Ireland

any advice would be much appreciated!
The Nook ereaders and tablets are only supported in the UK and the US.

I assume you bought an UK Nook Touch?
You need to register your B&N account with an UK shipping and billing address. Just Google a valid UK address. The credit card address is not checked so your Irish credit card will work fine.

To buy B&N content install an UK VPN on your PC. A free one is SecurityKiss.
After starting the VPN you can use the PC to buy B&N content.
Just sync the Nook Touch to download the content using the Wifi connection.

In the case of an US Nook Touch use an US address and an US VPN like Hotspot Shield (free) or AlwaysVPN.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote