Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
MaineMan
MaineMan began at the beginning.

Device: M92 black
M92 Questions

Before buying an M92 I have a couple of questions:

1. I have read the M92 manual and it doesn't seem to talk much about using the stylus. My Kindle Touch can bring up a dictionary definition by simply touching a word. Can the M92 do this by touching a word with the stylus?

2. My Kindle can navigate an Ebook, compiled with an appropriate NCX file, using multi-level chapter paging by swiping the screen up or down. Other than the standard navigation tools, next, previous and table of contents links, what Ebook navigation techniques are currently available on the M92?

Thanks
MaineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
MaineMan, yes and yes! ;-)
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
1. I guess you have to open dictionary first. Then it works like that. It is IMO fully satisfactory. And the firmware evolves so maybe there is even easier way, now. I do not have the latest firmware.

2. I do not know what NCX file is. You have Next/Prev, TOC, GoTo #, page slider, crosslinks, Back to Previous Position, Go To Note #, Go To Mark #,
and possibly some more.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
lompy
lompy began at the beginning.

Device: boox m92
1. double click of stylus on a word works even if dictionary is not activated but not with every file format (pdf and doc readers are not the case).
lompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:55 PM   #5
MaineMan
MaineMan began at the beginning.

Device: M92 black
Thanks Kirith, Mono and Lompy for offering your knowledge which was good enough for me - I bought an M92 today through [Promotional link deleted - MODERATOR] and just made the free shipping deadline. Mono, NCX stands for (Navigation Control for XML) Both mobi/prs and epub support NCX files, providing rapid chapter to chapter and subtile paging.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-01-2013 at 07:05 AM.
MaineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
Isles8008
Connoisseur
Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Nexus 10, Kindle Paperwhite, iRiver Story HD
I just got my M92 in the mail today and have been having fun getting to know the user interface.

I have found the user manual very inadequate. There is no mention of exporting notes/scribbles to files on the SD card, but I have read that this is possible. Also, does anyone know if there is an indicator light for when the battery is done charging? There is a yellow light that appears when it is plugged in, but I have had it charging for about six hours and it hasn't changed color.

UPDATE - I think I found the answer to this on another thread. The yellow light just turns off, but charging time does appear to be quite long.

Last edited by Isles8008; 12-31-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Isles8008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #7
Isles8008
Connoisseur
Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, to issues I have noticed so far:

1. FBReader does not have an option for turning off hyphenation, so ev-
ery other li-
ne is cut off li-
ke this.

On the tablet version, there is a check box in settings that enables you to 'turn off hyphenation.' Does anyone know of a fix for this on the M92?

2. When my device goes to sleep, it doesn't wake up. I quick press the power button and nothing happens. I have to press and hold the power button, power off the device, then reboot.

Any ideas?
Old 01-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles8008 View Post
Also, to issues I have noticed so far:
2. When my device goes to sleep, it doesn't wake up. I quick press the power button and nothing happens. I have to press and hold the power button, power off the device, then reboot.

Any ideas?
Have you installed the last firmware and the patch? The last firmware fixes some bugs, and I think that the sleeping issue was one of them
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #9
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

I am not sure, but it seems to me that default setting is it goes to sleep in few minutes and off few minutes later. Your M92 probably goes off.

I do not have problem to switch between sleep and on. My setting is - never off (automaticaly). If I want off, I do it using the button.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #10
Isles8008
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayla7 View Post
Have you installed the last firmware and the patch? The last firmware fixes some bugs, and I think that the sleeping issue was one of them
Thanks, I am probably going to do that today. I spent some time yesterday trying to see if the M92 1.8 update posted by Booxter was compatible with my device. I have just the standard M92 on my warranty card, not the "Black Pearl" model, so I assume both the update and the patch are compatible with my device.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #11
Mono
Mono

ArtaTech chanel devices have cloud capability and IVONA TTS. I expect if it is installed on your M92 it should be mentioned in About screen. Also ArtaTech firmware has different dates of issue than the rest of devices.

Anyway you cannot make any harm trying to install ArtaTech firmware on non-ArtaTech M92 and vice versa. It is not possible to install it for a general user. (Without knowledge of passwords or so ....) So, if the firmware is intended for different distribution channell devices it will not install at all.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #12
Pooh_
Enthusiast
Pooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with others

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD, Onyx T68
Quote:
1. FBReader does not have an option for turning off hyphenation, so ev-
ery other li-
ne is cut off li-
ke this.

On the tablet version, there is a check box in settings that enables you to 'turn off hyphenation.' Does anyone know of a fix for this on the M92?
Try to rename the "/usr/share/onyx_reader/zlibrary/hyphernationPatterns.zip" file using otfm file manager. Rename it back later if you decide to use hyphenation again.
Pooh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #13
Isles8008
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh_ View Post
Try to rename the "/usr/share/onyx_reader/zlibrary/hyphernationPatterns.zip" file using otfm file manager. Rename it back later if you decide to use hyphenation again.
Okay, but how/where do I do this?

I found the OTFM program thread on Mobileread, so do I just load the program onto my M92 and follow your instructions?

Thanks so much for your help!

Last edited by Isles8008; 01-02-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #14
Pooh_
Enthusiast
Pooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with others

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD, Onyx T68
Quote:
I found the OTFM program thread on Mobileread, so do I just load the program onto my M92 and follow your instructions?
Yes, sure. Let me know, if you will have any difficulties..
Pooh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #15
Isles8008
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh_ View Post
Yes, sure. Let me know, if you will have any difficulties..
Quote:
/usr/share/onyx_reader/zlibrary/hyphernationPatterns.zip
What should I rename the file to?

Tags
dictionary, m92, navigation, questions, stylus