Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #331
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Well did you get the books Blossom, and have you started reading yet?
I got them on the 21st and they were in very good condition. I have not read them yet. I'm still working my way through my Christmas reads. I will read them sometime in Jan. or Feb. I haven't sat down and done my TBR list for 2013 yet. I do know I will be sticking with the 100 books goal for 2013. I think I may finish at 120 for this year.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:32 AM   #332
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Another Laurie Kellogg Kindle freebie!

Hypnotic Seduction (The Seduction Series) [Kindle Edition]
Laurie Kellogg (Author), L. L. Kellogg (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Hypnotic-Seduc..._154606011_f_6

Quote:
Romance Writers of America® Golden Heart® finalist

A red-hot ugly-duckling love story

She has a problem relaxing with men

Frumpy wallflower Hannah Oliver is nearly thirty and has a serious self-image problem. Growing up in her centerfold mother's shadow and being raised by her pious grandparents has left her so self-conscious about her matronly, D-cup figure she gets tongue-tied around good-looking guys. So when Hannah discovers her fiancé/employer boinking her roommate, she's not only devastated--she's unemployed.

He's got a problem fending off women

Pharmaceutical CEO Jordan Calder has a huge image problem too--his professional image. Most guys would kill to be publicly proclaimed a world-class lover, but other men don't share his dark, shameful past. The only thing women have ever wanted Jordan for is what he can give them in and out of bed. So when his grandfather drags dowdy Hannah into his office as an executive assistant candidate, Jordan hires the mousey woman on the spot.

Could hypnosis be a solution?

After miraculously landing her plum new position, sexually frustrated Hannah resorts to hypnosis to boost her self-confidence with men, hoping to attract another mate. Unfortunately, a post-hypnotic suggestion compels her to kiss her sexy playboy boss, who she then stupidly falls for in and out of bed. Despair induces her to use similar hypnotic principles on him--in the form of subliminal messages--to convince the man she loves that he wants a happy ever-after with her. But as everyone knows, desperate measures usually spell disaster.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #333
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
The first 3 titles in Julie Ann Walker's Black Knights Inc. series are on sale for $0.99 each at all the big ebook stores.

The best deal is at Kobo using Bargainmoose40 for a princely sum of $0.59 each.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #334
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free @ Amazon:

Dangerous Flirtation by Liz Fielding
Harlequin Romance (1995)
Old 12-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #335
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
The first 3 titles in Julie Ann Walker's Black Knights Inc. series are on sale for $0.99 each at all the big ebook stores.

They're $0.74 at DANL for members. Using discover15 makes them $0.63 and they are DRM free.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-28-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #336
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post

Sultry with a Twist by Macy Beckett is also on sale for 99 cents at Amazon, B&N and DANL.

Keep in mind it was a past featured selection so if you have a credit at DANL it wont let you buy it without using one.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #337
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Free @ Amazon

Short-Straw Bride
By Karen Witemeyer
Genre: Inspirational Western Romance

Nook Link | Christianbook Link (WorldWide)

Note: I bought this in August when it was a Diesel Deal of the Day. Now you can get it for free.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-28-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #338
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I'm putting all my December freebies from Amazon in Calibre and I am dismayed by the number of books which don't have a proper blurb. Am I the only one who finds this annoying?

Tio top it off, most of these books aren't on the authors' websites (so far only one of the authors doesn't seem to even have a website). I wish authors would keep their sites updated.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #339
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I'm putting all my December freebies from Amazon in Calibre and I am dismayed by the number of books which don't have a proper blurb. Am I the only one who finds this annoying?

Tio top it off, most of these books aren't on the authors' websites (so far only one of the authors doesn't seem to even have a website). I wish authors would keep their sites updated.
For blacklist titles use the FictionDB and Goodreads plugins. Unchecked comments in all other metadata plugins but FictionDB and Goodreads. That way you won't get anything but the book's synopsis. It works great.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #340
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Most of these seem to be self-published with no entry on FictionDB and only one line blurbs on Goodreads. I forget I have that metadata plugin and have been manually looking
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #341
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
A few books by Megan Hart on sale for $1.99 each at Amazon. If you like excellent erotica, Hart is a must-read. I think Broken is my personal favorite so far.

Dirty
Tempted
Broken
Switch
Deeper

And an erotic anthology with Ms. Hart and others:
12 Shades of Surrender
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #342
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keslynn View Post
A few books by Megan Hart on sale for $1.99 each at Amazon. If you like excellent erotica, Hart is a must-read. I think Broken is my personal favorite so far.

Dirty
Tempted
Broken
Switch
Deeper

And an erotic anthology with Ms. Hart and others:
12 Shades of Surrender
Nice price on these books! I've read them all except Broken and it's alredy on my TBR pile. My very favorite Hart is Collide but it's not on sale.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #343
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
For blacklist titles use the FictionDB and Goodreads plugins. Unchecked comments in all other metadata plugins but FictionDB and Goodreads. That way you won't get anything but the book's synopsis. It works great.
That sounds like something useful for me. Where do I find these plugins? Any more data is good as far as I am concerned.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #344
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
That sounds like something useful for me. Where do I find these plugins? Any more data is good as far as I am concerned.
In Calibre where you go to look for new plugins they are in that list.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #345
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Most of these seem to be self-published with no entry on FictionDB and only one line blurbs on Goodreads. I forget I have that metadata plugin and have been manually looking
I guess I don't grab books that are not popular. Most of the self published books I grab are backlist titles or popular reads.