Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #22696
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Pretty soon - a goodly slug of Lagavulin ....

Happiest of holidays everyone!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:06 AM   #22697
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Tonight, no Lagavulin. Instead, I seared some duck breasts, served on a bed of polenta, and we opened the last bottle of the 1999 BV Georges de la Tour Private Reserve Cabernet. This California Cabernet was one of our favourites when we lived in California, but is completely unavailable here.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #22698
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
We just watched Clarance get his wings too. If you can believe it, I've never seen it before! And of course, neither had my wife. Now I understand why everyone always talks about it. Good feelings!

Stitchawl
Wikipedia says that the cutting room floor has an alternate ending where Clarence visits Old Man Potter, who has no friends, and gives him a hard time about the stolen eight thousand bucks and the old bloke dies of a heart attack.

That sounds like a fitting end for the old bastard. But the movie wouldn't have had the "feel good" ending about it.

Just polished off a mug of Dlimah tea. Back to work in the morning.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #22699
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Peet's Anniversary Breakfast blend.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #22700
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Morning has broken, like the first morning.
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird.
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning,
Praise for them springing fresh from the Word.

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlight from heaven.
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass.
Praise for the sweetnes of the wet garden,
Sprung in completeness where His feet pass.

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning.
Born of the one light Eden saw play.
Praise with elation, praise every morning;
God's recreation of the new day.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3xez0rnssI )

Good morning, all! 3° outside, hot Keemun tea inside. Better than the other way around... Sunny skies, good day for fast 10km walk, then a short motorcycle ride. I have to meet my Senior Citizens class later this afternoon, so can't really go anywhere special... Just feel the urge to get my face into the wind. But at the same time, I've still got 1.5kg to lose in the next five days, so I need some time for stair climbing and other exercise. I think I need a 'Calendar Stretcher.' I wonder if they sell them in Japan? A 'Day Stretcher' wouldn't hurt either...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #22701
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Morning has broken, like the first morning.
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird.
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning,
Praise for them springing fresh from the Word.

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlight from heaven.
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass.
Praise for the sweetnes of the wet garden,
Sprung in completeness where His feet pass.

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning.
Born of the one light Eden saw play.
Praise with elation, praise every morning;
God's recreation of the new day.
A fine old Gaelic tune - Bunessan - with words by Eleanor Farjeon (1881-1965); it's in both my Canadian Hymnals (Presbyterian and Untied Church(sic)). The organist hated it when I gave it the Cat Stevens trills.
I wonder where CS found it. I think it's one of the few he didn't write himself, but I could be wrong.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:23 AM   #22702
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
A fine old Gaelic tune - Bunessan - with words by Eleanor Farjeon (1881-1965); it's in both my Canadian Hymnals (Presbyterian and Untied Church(sic)). The organist hated it when I gave it the Cat Stevens trills.
I wonder where CS found it. I think it's one of the few he didn't write himself, but I could be wrong.
Wow! I never knew that. I assumed that he did write it. Thanks for teaching me something new! It's a real 'feel good' song to play on the guitar!

Stitchawl
Old 12-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #22703
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
So I have my pretty purple cast iron tea pot, the one I have been craving for many a year, at the office with me. It holds two cups of tea so it is the perfect size.

Working on my first pot of Wuyi ShanTi Kwan Yin
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #22704
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Well I left my happy home to see what I could find out
I left my folk and friends with the aim to clear my mind out
Well I hit the rowdy road and many kinds I met there
Many stories told me of the way to get there

So on and on I go, the seconds tick the time out
There's so much left to know, and I'm on the road to find out

Well in the end I'll know, but on the way I wonder
Through descending snow, and through the frost and thunder
Well, I listen to the wind come howl, telling me I have to hurry
I listen to the robin's song saying not to worry

So on and on I go, the seconds tick the time out
There's so much left to know, and I'm on the road to find out

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMrNVB-zx0I )

Good morning, everyone! There really is so much left to know... What did you find out this year? I found out that I REALLY like this Ahmad "English Breakfast" tea! Along side a bowl of miso soup with pumpkin and onions, a little daikon... good stuff!

Just four more days until the new year... but this morning the scale gave me the good news... 80.8kg. I'M GONNA MAKE IT!

I really believe that if you never give up you just can't lose! But I've still got .8kg to get rid of, so no slacking off... today we walk. Today we climb stairs. Today we do PT. I WILL break 80 by the new year! I WILL!

Stitchawl
Old 12-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #22705
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Well done Stitchy. As good a Christmas present as anyone could wish for. I have learned that I can diet and make a lifestyle change that is sustainable, and that maybe life isn't over for me just yet .

Rooibos just finished, black coffee to follow soon.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 AM   #22706
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Yer just doin' it all wrooong, stichy. Yer supposta eat like a lazy hog over the holidays and then re-solve the problem by resolving to lose weight (somehow magically) next year. Not *finish* on the new year. Dontcha get it?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:29 AM   #22707
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Yer just doin' it all wrooong, stichy. Yer supposta eat like a lazy hog over the holidays and then re-solve the problem by resolving to lose weight (somehow magically) next year. Not *finish* on the new year. Dontcha get it?
Well, I thought about it. But there are no good donuts here! What am I supposed to do?

Stitchawl
Old 12-28-2012, 07:30 AM   #22708
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Working on pot one of Frozen Summit Oolong. Yummy.

Did I mention loving the cute, 2 cup purple cast iron tea pot I got for Christmas? So cute. Even cuter was the Hubby's pout when I told him I took it to work. I have no understanding why he was pouting, every day it will remind me of him while I drink cup after cup of warm, healthy, yumminess. And the purple is Lucas' birth stone color.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:31 AM   #22709
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Well, I thought about it. But there are no good donuts here! What am I supposed to do?

Stitchawl
Substitute a scone. Starbucks makes a good scone. And donoughts as well actually...
Old 12-28-2012, 07:39 AM   #22710
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Substitute a scone. Starbucks makes a good scone. And donoughts as well actually...
I go to Starbucks several times a week for lunch. Their Chicken/Veggie Wrap is only 152 calories, and with a large Ice Tea, I pass a relaxing hour reading there. I used to eat their chocolate chunk scones every day too, but these days just once a month or so. Unfortunately, my favorite Starbucks just redecorated, removing the big comfortable arm chairs and tables, in favor of more single seating. But I can always find parking, and for an hour I can put up with a regular chair. And every time I refill my Starbucks card, I get a coupon for a free large beverage of my choice... as if there was a choice...

Stitchawl

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?