Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #16
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
When I try to download the Reader I get a "broken link,"
READER and CREATOR are not the same programs. You can't get READER unless you go rummaging around the Internet and DL it from some old freeware sites. You can still DL Creator from the old site.

This is one of the issues I have with one of the "How to make your kindle book" ebooks for sale on Amazon; the author just updated it, and tells poor noobs to DL Reader to make their books--which they'll never find. Very annoying.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:59 AM   #17
Tugger
Connoisseur
Tugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle
Report on use with Windows 8 64 bit and IE10.

Although I don't normally use Mobipocket Creator any more, I have a number of books originally made using it and they sometimes need to be updated.

I have resorted to running XP Mode and IE8 (in Windows 7 Pro), and now in Windows 8 Pro I have been using Hyper-V to run a virtual copy of XP. This works but it is annoying having to operate a virtual machine, and after spring 2014 XP goes out of support.

Having read this thread and the other one I thought I would see if I could make it work with Windows 8 64 bit and IE 10, with the patches suggested.

I don't use the Guide feature, but do use the TOC feature, including use of two levels (h2 and h3). So I tried just patching the one file, table_of_contents.html as I hoped not to have to work through patching all of them. It is a shame they are not available somewhere already patched as there are a lot of them.

I am pleased to report that it worked perfectly. So I can now create those books again as needed without the need to run XP and IE8.

Thank you.
Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #18
Tugger
Connoisseur
Tugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueTugger can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Patched file for TOC feature to work in IE9 and IE10

I attached the one patched file you need to make the MobiPocket Creator TOC feature work in IE9 and IE10.

Extract from the zip file and copy it to:
C:\Program Files\Mobipocket.com\Mobipocket Creator\rsrc\html
or if you run Windows 64 bit to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mobipocket.com\Mobipocket Creator\rsrc\html
Attached Files
File Type: zip table_of_contents.zip (2.0 KB, 251 views)
Old 01-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #19
Tugger
Connoisseur

I'm sure someone here has gone through all the files patching them to overcome the IE9 problem.

But would anyone be willing to zip them up and make them available?

You will see that I did this for the TOC problem (message above), but it would be good to have all the rest patched.

Thanks.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:31 PM   #20
psemeraro
psemeraro began at the beginning.

Device: none
hi Friends,

1. The above fix IS brilliant. HOWEVER, there IS a NEWBIE workaround! I just tried it - and it worked fine.
2. i know this is a stale post, HOWEVER, i am still seeing this issue - even with ie11 installed.

THE PROBLEM:

The presence of "empty" values in the table wizard fields. The wizard fails attempting to evaluate these empty (or NULL) values - hence the error messages.

THE SOLUTION

BY explicitly specifying values in every field (which means you would have to add/modify your HTML tag content with more info than you should need), you will resolve this issue.

ONE EXAMPLE WORKAROUND:

While using the table wizard, and in tag name column, i entered h2, h3, h4 in each level. In the attribute column, i used the name "level" in each level field. In the value column, i entered 1, 2, and 3 in each field level, respectively. the entries looked something like:

level 1: h2, level, 1
level 2: h3, level, 2
level 3: h4, level, 3

Ensuring fields were not truly empty (or NULL) FIXED the issue with the wizard update.

You will need to modify the tags in your HTML file accordingly. NOTE: custom attributes are ignored by normal compilers, which is why specifying a custom attribute like "level" actually works. Your code will look something like:

<h2 level="1">Chapter 1...</h2>

..once you have made the modifications, the wizard will update properly, and your TOC file/eBook will be built correctly.

NOTE: To err on the side of caution, you could use a standard tag attribute like "class" (instead of the example "level" attribute name), and set the value accordingly in both the wizard and the html file. However, i was able to get things to work per the example above.
psemeraro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
creator ie9 toc