Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (first gen), Kobo Aura HD
Fans of Steampunk!

Just wanted to share this amazing steampunk series/author I just recently discovered. It's called The Magnetron Chronicles by D. L. Mackenzie. The first volume The Last Adventure of Dr. Yngve Hogalum is free in the Kindle Store. It's a novelette series (so far all released volumes are under 100 pages) about a Nineteenth Century inventor named Phineas J. Magnetron. Loved the writing, language is archaic. I highly recommend it if you enjoy steampunk novels and novels set in the Victorian era. Even if you're not a fan of steampunk, if you like science fiction, fantasy, historical books, you should give it a try. I've never seen the series mentioned anywhere in this forum so I thought I'd make this thread.

If you're interested and want to know more check out this link: http://www.theindiespotlight.com/?p=10284
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for that. I'm a bit of a Steampunk fan, so I've picked up the first one.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (first gen), Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Thanks for that. I'm a bit of a Steampunk fan, so I've picked up the first one.
You're welcome! Happy to recommend it
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote