Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #1021
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieTheK View Post
I just downloaded the recent (v 2.3) update to Mantano Premium. It would not load, complaining about a problem with reading the database. Reinstalling the app did not help. Even a "clean install", involving deleting Mantano's data and cache, uninstalling the app, deleting the Mananto directory from the device, downloading and installing the app fresh did not help, producing the same "database" error (which makes no sense because I believe that I had deleted all Mantano-related data from the device before re-installing). Does anyone else have this problem?

System info: device: Nexus 7 (8 GB), OS: Android 4.2

The v 2.3.1 update appears to have fixed the problem. Thank you Mantano dev-team.
Actually I tried to purchase Mantano Premium yesterday, and I had deleted the trial version, when I downloaded the premium and it looked and seemed just like the trial version. So I returned and purchased the Moon + Premium and I like it better.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #1022
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Actually I tried to purchase Mantano Premium yesterday, and I had deleted the trial version, when I downloaded the premium and it looked and seemed just like the trial version. So I returned and purchased the Moon + Premium and I like it better.
I also prefer Moon plus nowadays; vertical scroll, nice backgrounds, and better adjustable theme colors (bot day and night in one theme) but the most irritating thing about Mantano; it worked perfectly a year ago, since then there were lots and lots of updates that seemed to do nothing much except bring new bugs.
A week ago I had a long journey, and suddenly Mantano refused to open any book. That did it, I had Moon+ on my reader too, tuned it and preferred it since then, despite the 3 or 4 updates since then (one of them cured the bug, not sure about the rest) for Mantano.
Nevertheless, Mantano is a nice reader, was my favorite for a long time, but there are some overactive minds behind it lately.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #1023
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dura View Post
I also prefer Moon plus nowadays; vertical scroll, nice backgrounds, and better adjustable theme colors (bot day and night in one theme) but the most irritating thing about Mantano; it worked perfectly a year ago, since then there were lots and lots of updates that seemed to do nothing much except bring new bugs.
A week ago I had a long journey, and suddenly Mantano refused to open any book. That did it, I had Moon+ on my reader too, tuned it and preferred it since then, despite the 3 or 4 updates since then (one of them cured the bug, not sure about the rest) for Mantano.
Nevertheless, Mantano is a nice reader, was my favorite for a long time, but there are some overactive minds behind it lately.
I like TSS too! Also the color themes are really nice. It is easy to make font size bigger or smaller. Boomarking takes too many steps though, I wish you could just click the top right corner.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #1024
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I like TSS too! Also the color themes are really nice. It is easy to make font size bigger or smaller. Boomarking takes too many steps though, I wish you could just click the top right corner.
My problem with Moon Reader is that it's never read external style sheets correctly so you lose formatting. This may have been fixed by now.

Mantano does everything I need it to do. It even has collections!
I just paid the $10 a year and now it works like a Kindle. The Cloud feature is pretty neat syncing my books and collections with each device! I just wish the latest worked on the Kindle Fire v1. I am working with support but they have no device to test the problem with but they are trying to fix it.

Mantano 2.12 is the last version to work with Android 2.2
Mantano 2.3 is the last version to work with the Original Kindle Fire.

So I have 3 different Mantano versions on my devices. My phone is 2.2 so I am stuck now with 2.12 and the Kindle fire has 2.3 and my SGP5 has the latest version. All work well with no problem that I can tell. I do not use Mantano for PDF though only epub.

Just a tip. When Mantano acts up like not opening correctly a Force Close usually fixes it. Always back up your database too every so often.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #1025
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Just a tip. When Mantano acts up like not opening correctly a Force Close usually fixes it. Always back up your database too every so often.
How do you backup the database?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #1026
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
How do you backup the database?
Just copy the DB file in Mantano's folder to a safe place.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #1027
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Just copy the DB file in Mantano's folder to a safe place.
Only the DB? Hmmm, must do that then.. I already had to rebuild my list once (after I upgraded and decided I didn't like the new version)...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #1028
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Only the DB? Hmmm, must do that then.. I already had to rebuild my list once (after I upgraded and decided I didn't like the new version)...
All you do to downgrade is install the old version over the new one. Then go into Mantano's folder and delete the database you will see a file with the extension BK just rename it back to the DB extension or use a back up copy of your database. No need to lose anything.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #1029
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
All you do to downgrade is install the old version over the new one. Then go into Mantano's folder and delete the database you will see a file with the extension BK just rename it back to the DB extension or use a back up copy of your database. No need to lose anything.
Where do you get the old version to install?
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #1030
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Where do you get the old version to install?
You back up the apk before you upgrade. I use ES File Explorer's app manager to do this. I never upgrade an app without backing up the apk first.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #1031
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You back up the apk before you upgrade. I use ES File Explorer's app manager to do this. I never upgrade an app without backing up the apk first.
Sorry, someone did tell me that before, but I could never get the ES FE to do it - that's why I forgot - I was hoping there was somewhere on the net that I could go get it. Thanks for the reply.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #1032
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Sorry, someone did tell me that before, but I could never get the ES FE to do it - that's why I forgot - I was hoping there was somewhere on the net that I could go get it. Thanks for the reply.
It's easy to backup an app. Just open ES File Explorer then hit
menu key/manger/App manager
Find Mantano in the list then long press and hit Backup.
It will then back up the app to apk on your SD Card in a
folder called Backups/apps.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #1033
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
It's easy to backup an app. Just open ES File Explorer then hit
menu key/manger/App manager
Find Mantano in the list then long press and hit Backup.
It will then back up the app to apk on your SD Card in a
folder called Backups/apps.
Sometimes I just need to be led by the hand. Thanks so much - I'm good to go! Worked perfectly.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #1034
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Sometimes I just need to be led by the hand. Thanks so much - I'm good to go! Worked perfectly.
I do this for all apps before I upgrade. I then upload the backups to Dropbox so my phone or device doesn't get cluttered.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #1035
new

Quote:
Yeah I read this after I stupidly saw I had two versions of an app in my backup and I deleted the old I do tend to throw things out before I should

Last edited by new; 12-06-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: typos what else?