Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #16
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Exactly, Daffy. "'Salems Lot" was very similar. A horror book, yes, but with a message that there are people out there that will do the right thing, regardless of their own safety, and the fear they feel.

We need more people like these characters in the world today. I'm not saying all his books are like that. But many of his early stories have that 'feel'........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:02 AM   #17
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle DXi, Kindle 3, iPad and iPhone 4
Salutations from Africa. My trip is nearing its end, but my Cybook has already declared the end of any further reading in this trip (the battery is empty). In this ocasion, the advantage of a paperback is obvious: you don't have to charge it to keep reading. Oh well.

I've read the first 48 chapters of The Stand, and I'm enjoying it very much so far.

Now that the battery is empty, the page I was reading is still there, as predicted. I wonder if leaving it for a few days (until I get back home) may spoil the screen... Can it make it more fragile? Can it leave "ghosting"?
Over is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!